Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visiting schools

Visiting schools

Old May 29th 2011, 5:04 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visiting schools

Hi

Is it worth visiting schools in preferred areas while on a validation trip?
Old May 29th 2011, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting schools

If they have time to see you then, yes, go for it. Some schools do get a bit miffed at continually showing people around when there is no guarantee that they are going to be living in the catchment area but they may agree to see you.
Old May 30th 2011, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

I looked online at schools prior to arriving and shortlisted the ones that looked best. I also looked at a website called My school to get more information. We knew where we would be living as OH was here and in a property before the kids and i arrived. On arrival i phoned a couple of schools and met them the following day and the kids started a week later! I guess if your coming here first and you know where you will be living then you have nothing to lose! Emma
Old May 30th 2011, 7:22 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have been quite heavily researching various areas of Adelaide and have 3 areas that we are interested in, although obviously they may go straight out the window when we visit, so the next step is choosing schools.

Thanks for the tip about My School - will add that to the favourites!!