Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa's on the way!!!

Visa's on the way!!!

Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of
Default Visa's on the way!!!

Just thought I'd pass on our good news! Agent e-mailed to say that the CO is going to grant our visa's she just needs to be sure we are going before March which is a good job as we had already took the risk and booked the flights for New Years Eve!!!

Brisbane here we come!!!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:12 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa's on the way!!!

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
Just thought I'd pass on our good news! Agent e-mailed to say that the CO is going to grant our visa's she just needs to be sure we are going before March which is a good job as we had already took the risk and booked the flights for New Years Eve!!!

Brisbane here we come!!!

let me be the first to say 'congratulations'

i remember you posting saying that you had booked your flights already, and i thought....OMG!!! :scared:

....but, it has turned out well for you.
if that had been us, the visa would have probably come in 2007...lol!!

good luck guys
xx
Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
let me be the first to say 'congratulations'

i remember you posting saying that you had booked your flights already, and i thought....OMG!!! :scared:

....but, it has turned out well for you.
if that had been us, the visa would have probably come in 2007...lol!!

good luck guys
xx
Thank you!! I must admit that is normally our luck so we were really surprised!! CO gave us a hell of a week last week tho!!!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Silky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations! How exciting, wish is was our turn
Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:27 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Brisbane here we come!!!

ROFLMAO

You were the buggers that booked flights b4 getting your visas weren't ya!!

Jammy gits!!!

Enjoy guys....what a flippin amazing way to celebrate a new year!
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

CO gave us a hell of a week last week tho!!![/QUOTE]

can you say why? (or am i just being a nosey cow??!! )
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Hope everything goes well

Wendy x
Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations
Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
ROFLMAO

You were the buggers that booked flights b4 getting your visas weren't ya!!

Jammy gits!!!

Enjoy guys....what a flippin amazing way to celebrate a new year!
I know!!!!! We can't quite believe it ourselves!! In a bit of a panic now though!!!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

CO gave us a hell of a week last week tho!!!

can you say why? (or am i just being a nosey cow??!! )[/QUOTE]

Kept asking for extra information, phone numbers to contact people etc. Agent had no idea why, said it was very unusual!! Maybe they thought we were a bit suspect - we did take the passport photo's in a bit of a rush - had to take 6 of us before the kids got bored!!!!

Came up smelling of roses in the end though!!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:48 pm
Never going back

[/COLOR]

Kept asking for extra information, phone numbers to contact people etc. Agent had no idea why, said it was very unusual!! Maybe they thought we were a bit suspect - we did take the passport photo's in a bit of a rush - had to take 6 of us before the kids got bored!!!!

Came up smelling of roses in the end though!![/QUOTE]

...ahhh, so your piccies looked liked you had just escaped from strangeways prison....

did they use any of the telephone numbers do you know? maybe they just like to put the frighteners on migrants!!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Came up smelling of roses in the end though!!

...ahhh, so your piccies looked liked you had just escaped from strangeways prison....

did they use any of the telephone numbers do you know? maybe they just like to put the frighteners on migrants!![/QUOTE]

Not that we know of! They didn't even wait for hard copies in the post, they granted our visa's on scanned copies. It definately did the trick 'cos we were bloody petrified!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:01 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

CO gave us a hell of a week last week tho!!!

can you say why? (or am i just being a nosey cow??!! )[/QUOTE]
Yes - Sleeping Beauty - you are being nosey! :scared:

Anyway - go on tell us!!!!
How long ago was it you put your application in?

See - we are all nosey on ere!!!!

Or is it just us northerners!

Congrats well done

L-j
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:06 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
[/COLOR]

Congrats well done

L-j[/QUOTE]

.....who, me??? never...its wasnt me, m'lord....im not a nosey cow, honest guv.....
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
[/COLOR]

Congrats well done

L-j[/QUOTE]

Yeah I suppose we should do a timeline thing but we're just not that organised! Anyway we front loaded our applications which went in beginning of July, got a CO on 24 Oct and heard today! So the last bit was really quick!

Yeah I'm a northerner and I'm dead nosey!