Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa's granted!!!

Visa's granted!!!

Old Sep 30th 2008, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Smith Family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa's granted!!!

Hi this is my first time on this site. I have found it really useful and interesting during our plight to obtain visa's.

Well we have them and reality is setting in - it has been really difficult when telling certain family members, a rollercoaster of emotions! By far I am finding my 8 year old daughters questions/emotions the most challenging (the guilt one night and then the happiness / excitement the next). Any advice on this one? Our son is fine but he is only 5 and lives for the day!

We have an initial entry date of May 2009 - great but we haven't sold our house yet and in the current climate we are fingers crossed. Anyone else in this position?

It is all so exciting and scary, be good to share this with others in similar position!

Smith family x
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:13 am

Nat12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa's granted!!!

Congratulations!
Can you write in black next time LOL as could hardly read it!
When are you hoping to go?
Old Oct 1st 2008, 11:00 am
Just Joined

zoe_email_uk is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations on getting visa, we got ours a couple of weeks ago and fly to Townsville Queensland on the 29/12/08!!We have a 9 year old and seven, both are happy about the move, but upset about leaving friends behind, so we are having a party for all their friends and have made arrangements with their school to stay in touch and their closest friends can email or write, and promised when we come back to Uk to visit they can see their friends then, seems to have helped, but expect a few more tears before we leave and after we arrive, kids settle easier than adults so once start making new friends think it will be easier. I hope!!
Old Oct 1st 2008, 1:42 pm
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Smith Family
Hi this is my first time on this site. I have found it really useful and interesting during our plight to obtain visa's.

Well we have them and reality is setting in - it has been really difficult when telling certain family members, a rollercoaster of emotions! By far I am finding my 8 year old daughters questions/emotions the most challenging (the guilt one night and then the happiness / excitement the next). Any advice on this one? Our son is fine but he is only 5 and lives for the day!

We have an initial entry date of May 2009 - great but we haven't sold our house yet and in the current climate we are fingers crossed. Anyone else in this position?

It is all so exciting and scary, be good to share this with others in similar position!

Smith family x
Congratulations! We're you planning to move to?
Old Oct 1st 2008, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Smith family x
congratulations, fantastic feeling isn't it!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Chelle66
Congratulations! We're you planning to move to?
Not definate yet, but in the pot is Western Australia ( South of Perth ) and Melbourne areas. It will depend on work.

Getting more excited about it all x
How about you?
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by zoe_email_uk
congratulations on getting visa, we got ours a couple of weeks ago and fly to Townsville Queensland on the 29/12/08!!We have a 9 year old and seven, both are happy about the move, but upset about leaving friends behind, so we are having a party for all their friends and have made arrangements with their school to stay in touch and their closest friends can email or write, and promised when we come back to Uk to visit they can see their friends then, seems to have helped, but expect a few more tears before we leave and after we arrive, kids settle easier than adults so once start making new friends think it will be easier. I hope!!
That's a great idea of a party. Good luck with your trip to Townsville. Have you got jobs there? x
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

zoe_email_uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi yes i have a job at the Mater in Townsville, good luck with your move, stay in touch let me know how things go and where you end up.
zoe
Old Oct 5th 2008, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Smith family x
Congratulations on your VISA! Could you share your timeline?