British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Are visa's getting quicker ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/visas-getting-quicker-149433/)

Doreen Apr 30th 2003 1:15 am

Any news on times for 457ie visa's in terms of latest turnaround?

Cheers

Doreen

Still waiting and waiting and waiting and w..........

gbarker Apr 30th 2003 1:18 am

We applied September 2002 and apart from the acknowledgement have heard nothing.

Glenn :(

pabloako Apr 30th 2003 2:11 am

I must admit, they do have a strange system in Adelaide. :confused:

Originally posted by gbarker
We applied September 2002 and apart from the acknowledgement have heard nothing.

Glenn :(

Gibson Apr 30th 2003 5:11 am

We applied August and heard nothing:confused:

Rossi Apr 30th 2003 5:13 am

6th May 2002 !
Think they're taking the p*ss !!

Gibson Apr 30th 2003 5:19 am

So do I. It really peeves me off that people that have applied this year are getting requests yet the poor buggas from 2001 are still waiting. Is there no system out there?

Rossi Apr 30th 2003 5:29 am

Gibson
you may have not seen an earlier post I made after my wife actually got through the front desk and spoke to our case officer.
It went something like this :-

WIFE : My father is terminally ill is there nothing you can do for us ?
CASE OFFICER : No you'll have to wait
WIFE : Is there a problem with our application paperwork ?
CASE OFFICER : No, it's with my assistant Sarah who has 5000+ cases and more arriving daily!
WIFE : Can you give us any kind of idea ?
CASE OFFICER : No, It's in her office and it just depends on which file she picks up !

So to answer your question........No there is no system at the ASPC.

But hold on in there eventually they will find my file......it's probably slipped down the back of a filing cabinet (they will look for it soon because the Mother in Law has enrolled the help of a federal mp !!)

pabloako Apr 30th 2003 5:34 am

Bloody hell! My faith in them has been quickly eroded!

Originally posted by Rossi
Gibson
you may have not seen an earlier post I made after my wife actually got through the front desk and spoke to our case officer.
It went something like this :-

WIFE : My father is terminally ill is there nothing you can do for us ?
CASE OFFICER : No you'll have to wait
WIFE : Is there a problem with our application paperwork ?
CASE OFFICER : No, it's with my assistant Sarah who has 5000+ cases and more arriving daily!
WIFE : Can you give us any kind of idea ?
CASE OFFICER : No, It's in her office and it just depends on which file she picks up !

So to answer your question........No there is no system at the ASPC.

But hold on in there eventually they will find my file......it's probably slipped down the back of a filing cabinet (they will look for it soon because the Mother in Law has enrolled the help of a federal mp !!)

debs&tim Apr 30th 2003 8:06 am

Re: that was quick

Originally posted by TOB
Hi Debs & Tim,

We sent our application on the 07/04/03 received in Adelaide on th 15/04/03. received acknowledgement (by e-mail) & credit card charged on the 23/04/03. I think this seems pretty quick!!

We are taking a gamble and have booked meds for the end of June. Were yours done in Southend as the costs look familiar?
If so, how did they go? Do they send the meds straight to Adelaide or do we get them sent to us.

Have you had your pre-grant yet?

Good Luck

TOB
Hi TOB
Yes we went to Wellesley Hospital for xrays and Queensway Surgery for medicals (Southend). They went fine as far as we know the Doc said there was no problem we just have to wait a week for our blood test results (HIV) he gave us the kids results in sealed envelopes to take home and when our results are back I'll pick them up and send them to agent. Don't know how long the police checks will be that will be the thing that holds us up.
We only had our medicals Monday. Then once we get everything off to our agent to send to Adelaide they will ask for the bond money than we will get our visa (hopefully)!!!!
Take care
Good luck to you Debs Tim Bryony Chelsie and Jodie

Vee Apr 30th 2003 8:48 am

Visa's getting quicker

We sent ours to our agent in Sydney at the end of Feb and it was received in Adelaide on 03/03/03. Last week we received notification from our agent that further information was required (we have a family and a financial sponsor so more info is needed from them). Our agent said that the Immigration people were trying to process as many applications before June. Hopefully ours is one of them. Our agent also said that "they" would make a decision on our application on 29.05.03 - I don't quite know what she means by that (mental note to self....ask immigration lawyer) but I hope it means that ours is one of the ones to be processed before June.

We have taken a bit of a gamble (and basically isn't this what it is all about?! :) ) and are having our medicals done on 12.05.03. We requested our police checks in February and those have been sent to us already.

I'm new to this site and, after reading everybody elses stories, glad to know that we aren't the only ones who are getting anxious, worried, scared and excited all at the same time!!

Victoria

Terry Apr 30th 2003 9:45 am

I also heard that the process should be quicker for some as the ammount of visa's to be issued this year 2002/2003 was way behind. Their pens must be smoking with the speed ticks are going into boxes down there. Not sure whether they are working to any type of organised system where first come first served, certainly does'nt sound like it.

Terry

Carrianne May 6th 2003 6:54 am

Chippy,

I have posted this on another thread, we are the same as you, applied 07.02.03 acknowledged 14.03.04 request for medicals today 1 month and 20 days since applying. Our families are in shock as they thought this process would take about 18 months applying as a carpenter joiner on a skilled independent non stni.

Carrianne x