Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are visa's getting quicker ?

Are visa's getting quicker ?

Old Apr 30th 2003, 3:06 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Are visa's getting quicker ?

Our skilled independent application was sent to Adelaide on 18.01.03. Yesterday (29.04.03) we received our request for medicals & police checks etc.

Obviously I've no complaints, but from what I've gleaned so far on this site I did not really expect anything until about August
Old Apr 30th 2003, 6:10 am
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default that was quick

Hi Chippy
That was quick, we had to wait 9 months you must have something we haven't!!!!!!!
Well done xrays and medicals are a breeze. We had ours done on Monday(well he didn't say anything was wrong
Good luck
Keep posting
Debs
Old Apr 30th 2003, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are visa's getting quicker ?

Originally posted by chippy
Our skilled independent application was sent to Adelaide on 18.01.03. Yesterday (29.04.03) we received our request for medicals & police checks etc.

Obviously I've no complaints, but from what I've gleaned so far on this site I did not really expect anything until about August
Chippy,

We received a request for medicals at the begining of April. We sent them just before Easter and received a letter saying our visas had been granted last week.

Keep your fingers crossed.
Karl.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

pabloako is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent mine 1st Feb so I hope I am not too far behind you. Perhaps they have employed more people!
Fingers crossed!

Old Apr 30th 2003, 8:07 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by pabloako
I sent mine 1st Feb so I hope I am not too far behind you. Perhaps they have employed more people!
Fingers crossed!
I sent mine 29th Jan, cc charged 17th March, medicals requested 17th April

so yes, for some the process seems to be getting quicker. I think it is just luck of the draw, really.

best of luck to everyone who is applying

Mel
Old Apr 30th 2003, 8:07 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by pabloako
Fingers crossed!

so yes, for some the process seems to be getting quicker. I think it is just luck of the draw, really.

Mel
Old Apr 30th 2003, 8:39 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: that was quick

Originally posted by debs&tim
Hi Chippy
That was quick, we had to wait 9 months you must have something we haven't!!!!!!!
Well done xrays and medicals are a breeze. We had ours done on Monday(well he didn't say anything was wrong
Good luck
Keep posting
Debs

Hi Debs&Tim,

Hope you are all well. Out of interest, how much did these medicals cost ?
Old Apr 30th 2003, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

pabloako is an unknown quantity at this point

Mel,

You seem to be in a simular boat to me as my CC got charged on the 17th March too and I sent my forms on the 1st Feb. Did you ever get an acknowldgement from them?

I haven't received any request for medicals yet as we are going with an agent and it will take a couple of days to get any post from him.

Paul.

Originally posted by mika24me

Mel

Last edited by pabloako; Apr 30th 2003 at 9:27 am.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 8:46 am
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent our application 5th Dec and was asked for meds etc on Feb 19th, so pretty quick considering Xmas/new year was inbetween!

Everything has all gone back now, so we should hear whether they want us or not by end of May!! Woo-hoo
Old Apr 30th 2003, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

cruisey is an unknown quantity at this point

We applied in October and got Medical/Police checks a few weeks ago. 6 months to the day from our application......
Old Apr 30th 2003, 9:15 am
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Debs&Tim,

Hope you are all well. Out of interest, how much did these medicals cost ?
Hi Chippy
We're fine thanks now that the medicals are over!!
The cost of medicals £100.00 per adult and £35.00 per child total cost for us £305.00
Xrays were £60.50 each (only for adults though) so £121.00
Total cost for medicals and xrays £426.00 (ouch!!!)
Hope this helps
Keep in touch
Debs Tim Bryony Chelsie and Jodie
Old Apr 30th 2003, 12:47 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I sense that the Skilled Processing Team are under pressure to meet their Visa Program Total for 2002/03 ...

Best regards.

Old Apr 30th 2003, 1:08 pm
TOB
Forum Regular

TOB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Debs & Tim,

We sent our application on the 07/04/03 received in Adelaide on th 15/04/03. received acknowledgement (by e-mail) & credit card charged on the 23/04/03. I think this seems pretty quick!!

We are taking a gamble and have booked meds for the end of June. Were yours done in Southend as the costs look familiar?
If so, how did they go? Do they send the meds straight to Adelaide or do we get them sent to us.

Have you had your pre-grant yet?

Good Luck

TOB

Originally posted by debs&tim
Hi Chippy
We're fine thanks now that the medicals are over!!
The cost of medicals £100.00 per adult and £35.00 per child total cost for us £305.00
Xrays were £60.50 each (only for adults though) so £121.00
Total cost for medicals and xrays £426.00 (ouch!!!)
Hope this helps
Keep in touch
Debs Tim Bryony Chelsie and Jodie
Old Apr 30th 2003, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Rash D is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Alan,

Does it mean that Dec 2002 people will also be happy. I see some Nov people got request for Medical and Police.

Rash
Old Apr 30th 2003, 1:15 pm
TOB
Forum Regular

TOB is an unknown quantity at this point

Mike,

That was quick. What type of visa are you applying for. Is it on the MODL.

Ours is Skilled Independant and our timeline so far is:

Sent 7/4/03
Arrived in Adelaide 15/04/03
E-mail acknowledgement 23/04/03
CC charged 23/04/03

I hope we get our request for meds as quickly as you did!!

Good Luck

TOB

Originally posted by mika24me

Mel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.