Visas

Old Jun 8th 2004, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Mako is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Visas

Just sent off my application form for skilled migration visa - its seems like its taken ages to gather information together but got there in the end.

Anyway question for anyone and hope they can shed some light on the matter....Ive front loaded my application with the medical and chest x-ray results being sent off 2 weeks earlier than my application! Does anybody have experiences of this type of front loading. Sorry if has already been asked - have tried to look but cant find it anywhere.

Also keen to get to Aus asap and have the chance to be sponsored on a 4 year long stay business visa first. Does anybody know if this will Jeopardize my application for the skilled migration. Can i apply for both visas?

Cheers for any advice in advance
Old Jun 9th 2004, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

thebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Visas

Originally posted by Mako
Just sent off my application form for skilled migration visa - its seems like its taken ages to gather information together but got there in the end.

Anyway question for anyone and hope they can shed some light on the matter....Ive front loaded my application with the medical and chest x-ray results being sent off 2 weeks earlier than my application! Does anybody have experiences of this type of front loading. Sorry if has already been asked - have tried to look but cant find it anywhere.

Also keen to get to Aus asap and have the chance to be sponsored on a 4 year long stay business visa first. Does anybody know if this will Jeopardize my application for the skilled migration. Can i apply for both visas?

just bumpin you back to the top
Old Jun 9th 2004, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visas

So theres some guy in Adelaide looking at your x-rays going ' Who the hell sent these?'. You need a reference number before anything can start.

I've heard of front loading, but I think sending your medicals before you even send you application is a bit extreme

When they get your application, and they give you a reference number,and they know who your are, then you can front load.

I think you might have to get it all done again. Too much haste = less speed,

Cheers,
JTL
Old Jun 11th 2004, 12:13 am

Debbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura about
Default jumping the gun

Hi there

I think this is taking the phrase "jumping the the gun to the extreme.

Did you put a photo in has well so that when they do finally get round to opening your application in a month or so's time they can marry the bones the face and the application together.

You will probably have to have your medical done again when requested. Trust me these people won't be rushed.

The answer to the other question is that i seem to remember that you can only have one visa application in at a time and when they find out you have two in one will void the other.

Please be patiant, with the immigration department two steps forward is one step back.

Hope this helps

Debbie jo
Old Jun 11th 2004, 5:54 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: jumping the gun

Originally posted by Debbie Jo
Hi there

Did you put a photo in has well so that when they do finally get round to opening your application in a month or so's time they can marry the bones the face and the application together.

You will probably have to have your medical done again when requested. Trust me these people won't be rushed.

The answer to the other question is that i seem to remember that you can only have one visa application in at a time and when they find out you have two in one will void the other.

Please be patiant, with the immigration department two steps forward is one step back.

Hope this helps

Debbie jo

that line should come out of a Jim Carey film GENIUS !
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Mako is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there Debbie Jo - thanks for the reply. I agree not an ideal solution but some references from Australia took ages to return and couldnt send off any earlier.

I had to wait 2 months for a medical appointment and when i spoke to them on the phone they said they would delay sending the application for a while - after i paid they then said the wouldnt. I was stuck. Suppose it good to know im fit and healthy though. ( Trying to look on the bright side )

Yep photos were included - bit of a shame about not being able to apply for both visas though. Do u know where i can find out about this in more detail?

Cheers.

U enjoying life in Oz?

Originally posted by Debbie Jo
Hi there

Hope this helps

Debbie jo
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:09 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Debbie Jo - thanks for the reply. I agree not an ideal solution but some references from Australia took ages to return and couldnt send off any earlier.

I had to wait 2 months for a medical appointment and when i spoke to them on the phone they said they would delay sending the application for a while - after i paid they then said the wouldnt. I was stuck. Suppose it good to know im fit and healthy though. ( Trying to look on the bright side )

Yep photos were included - bit of a shame about not being able to apply for both visas though. Do u know where i can find out about this in more detail?

Cheers.

U enjoying life in Oz?
Try ALAN at Go#Matilda, he will still be online somewhere and should advise you
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

HugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura about

[I think I read on another thread that which ever visa comes through last superceeds anything previous so be careful if you do apply for the temp. visa that it doesn't cancel the PR !!

HB x
Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:51 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

The Skilled Processing Centre may (emphasis - MAY) match the medical results with your visa application in due course by identifying your date of birth on the medical forms and the underlying visa application.

However, and to be frank, it really isn't sensible to have medicals carried out before you have been given a visa file reference. You achieve nothing apart from worry, antagonising the Department of Immigration, and possibly having to pay for another medical examination.

Best regards.

Cheers.

U enjoying life in Oz?
Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

anypan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Front Loading

Don't worry about your medicals & x-rays are sent 1st as we've done the same.

We're using an agent and they should know if we're doing it wrong.