Wikiposts

visas

Old Mar 27th 2004, 10:53 pm
edmund

Default visas

Hi all
Have just been granted a spouse visa with an initial entry date of july.If we dont get there in time and the visa expires can we reapply under the same conditions and expect to get the same result.Has anyone tried this?

thanks, ed :PARTY:

Old Mar 27th 2004, 11:42 pm
WBB

Default Re: visas

Originally posted by edmund
Hi all
Have just been granted a spouse visa with an initial entry date of july.If we dont get there in time and the visa expires can we reapply under the same conditions and expect to get the same result.Has anyone tried this?

probably, but why not ust get over there and come straight back, it would be cheaper to fly there and back than it would to re-apply.

Old Mar 27th 2004, 11:50 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya edmund,

can't you contact your case officer and get the date moved back, even if it means more meds & police checks?

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 27th 2004, 11:51 pm
edmund

Originally posted by WBB
probably, but why not ust get over there and come straight back, it would be cheaper to fly there and back than it would to re-apply.

with my fare +the wife i dont think it would be, then probably the kids(3) as well

thanks for reply:

Old Mar 27th 2004, 11:58 pm
WBB

with my fare +the wife i dont think it would be, then probably the kids(3) as well

thanks for reply:
as you have a spouse visa, i thought your wife must be an australian citizen? if so, she would not need to enter by any particular date, also your kids would be eligible for citizenship by descent (if you have not done this already) so the same would apply to them.

just a thought.

Old Mar 28th 2004, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi Ed

doesn't the visa have an expiry date, or do you have 12 months from the date of your medical?

I've applied for a spouse visa too and was expecting to be given at least a few months to get things organised!

:scared:
Old Mar 28th 2004, 3:13 am
edmund

Originally posted by gdcollectables
Hi Ed

doesn't the visa have an expiry date, or do you have 12 months from the date of your medical?

I've applied for a spouse visa too and was expecting to be given at least a few months to get things organised!

:scared:
you will get a year from the date of your meds/police checks-trouble is i had mine back in may 03.
good luck with yours

Old Mar 28th 2004, 3:16 am
edmund

Originally posted by WBB
as you have a spouse visa, i thought your wife must be an australian citizen? if so, she would not need to enter by any particular date, also your kids would be eligible for citizenship by descent (if you have not done this already) so the same would apply to them.

just a thought.

the problem is i cant enter without her

Old Mar 28th 2004, 3:17 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya edmund,

I had mine done in May 03 as well, and I've got the date of 19th May to be in Oz by.
The problem is they havn't issued the visa yet:scared: :scared:

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 28th 2004, 8:06 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

You can do that but as WBB says it is probably easier to go for a holiday.