Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Beers, tears, and packers

Beers, tears, and packers

Old Mar 28th 2004, 5:32 pm
Adelaide bound

fishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nice
Default Beers, tears, and packers

Well we had our leaving party last night was a great night with alot a great people alot of beer and food, me and the wife managed to keep the tears back all night whilst all around were sniffing into tissues until i started talking to my dad and that was it for me the water works stared.
Saying goodbye to 80 of your closest friends and family is one of the most emotionally draining things we have ever been through (besides the birth of our son).
So thats the party out the way and tomorrow the packers (pss) come :scared: their here for 2 days, once the house is packed up and gone im hoping we can start to chill out a little before we fly out in 9 days :scared:
It's only now we realise that the application/meds/& endless waiting was the easy part.

..,Ben,..
Old Mar 28th 2004, 5:43 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beers, tears, and packers

Originally posted by fishyben
Well we had our leaving party last night was a great night with alot a great people alot of beer and food, me and the wife managed to keep the tears back all night whilst all around were sniffing into tissues .
Saying goodbye to 80 of your closest friends and family is one of the most emotionally draining things we have ever been through (besides the birth of our son).
So thats the party out the way and tomorrow the packers (pss) come :scared: their here for 2 days, once the house is packed up and gone im hoping we can start to chill out a little before we fly out in 9 days :scared:
It's only now we realise that the application/meds/& endless waiting was the easy part.

..,Ben,..
until i started talking to my dad and that was it for me the water works started

yes ben i`m feeling for you on this one m8 my late mum normally crippled me but now it`s my dad that initiates any form of waterworks
Old Mar 28th 2004, 5:44 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Well we had our leaving party last night was a great night with alot a great people alot of beer and food, me and the wife managed to keep the tears back all night whilst all around were sniffing into tissues until i started talking to my dad and that was it for me the water works stared.

..,Ben,..
:scared: we have our party on the 11th april.
youve got my belly churning now lol.

good luck !!!!
i just wish our party was out of the way
Old Mar 28th 2004, 5:46 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

..,Ben,..
Hiya Ben

We have still got the leaving do to contend with...not looking forward to that bit!!!!

Glad all went well for you though........I dont have my folks anymore so a bit easier for me...dont know how hubby will cope tho!!! when he says goodbye to his.

Hope the packing goes well, and then take the time to chill out all ready for your new adventure

All the best

Heather
Old Mar 28th 2004, 5:51 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Hope the packing goes well. Still can't mention the move to mum as she gets teary. I plan to get legless with her and then whatever happens happens. Not looking forward to it though. As for everyone else it will involve one of the Walkabout bars in London, plently of booze and not realising we've said goodbye until the next day. Have fun on your new adventures
Old Mar 28th 2004, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

this is the real run in now - nice to get the party out of the way I bet.

We are going in end of December & are contemplating whether ti have a party or not. We are going to do the SIL wedding, then Xmas, we are even thinking about staying until new year & using that as our farewell bash - cheapskates or what?

good luck with the packers - we are thinking of using PSS too.

cheers pockygoes
Old Mar 28th 2004, 8:08 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I would def say have the party gives everyone a chance to say their goodbyes to you and have a laugh. I have loads of photos from ours back in January and would really have regretted not having one