Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa in your passport..how long?

Visa in your passport..how long?

Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of
Default Visa in your passport..how long?

Sent my visa grant letter and passports to the high commission in London last Wednesday, arrived Thursday.
Still havent heard anything and nothing showing on the track and trace. What is the usual timescales for this? Need the passports back for next Friday (28th) as we fly on 30th!! :scared:
Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:36 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa in your passport..how long?

you should get them tomorro
Old Oct 19th 2005, 10:17 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Sent ours on a Friday, and they came back the following Friday
You just wait for the postman in the morning, they will be there
Carole
Old Oct 19th 2005, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

10 days I think is the official turnaround
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:23 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paul

Sorry I missed your got it, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
Sent my visa grant letter and passports to the high commission in London last Wednesday, arrived Thursday.
Still havent heard anything and nothing showing on the track and trace. What is the usual timescales for this? Need the passports back for next Friday (28th) as we fly on 30th!! :scared:
Hope its not like us, got ours on Friday was flying on the Sunday, we was pacing up and down the street,
Old Oct 20th 2005, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by biggy
you should get them tomorro

You clever bugger. Checked the track and trace at 10am ...no information available. Checked it again a few minutes ago and they have tried to deliver the package but no one home. Its to be collected from the post office

The wife is collecting them as we speak
Old Oct 20th 2005, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

hi paul,

we posted ours the 2nd sept, got ours back the 8th. very quick, you should get yours anyday now

trish
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

You clever bugger. Checked the track and trace at 10am ...no information available. Checked it again a few minutes ago and they have tried to deliver the package but no one home. Its to be collected from the post office

We sent ours the same day as you Paul and ours arrived back today
Old Oct 20th 2005, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul,

We sent ours last Monday and got the back yesterday so you should get yours tomorrow.
Jaymac
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

As I said earlier, the wife collected them from the post office this afternoon. Was expecting something really flashy. Its a bit boring really, very similar to my holiday visa in 92. Still...it says 'can stay in Australia indefinately'.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:36 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

As I said earlier, the wife collected them from the post office this afternoon. Was expecting something really flashy. Its a bit boring really, very similar to my holiday visa in 92. Still...it says 'can stay in Australia indefinately'.
Stick it under a UV light it will glow all nice and stuff , just like bank notes, credit cards , drivers licence etc
Old Oct 20th 2005, 9:43 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

hehe told ya excellent stuff...........now u can relax.................well run around like a nutter getting the last minute things done

Good Luck in ur new life
Old Oct 20th 2005, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Was expecting something really flashy. Its a bit boring really, very similar to my holiday visa in 92. Still...it says 'can stay in Australia indefinately'.
I was disappointed too- looked like my temp visa except it for the word permenant. I expected it to light up and play the oz anthem or something...