visa worries

Old Apr 23rd 2006, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

l373912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face visa worries

Hi all

first time using this site and it looks exactly what we have been looking for. my wife and I want to start the ball rolling with regards to migrating to Oz but we have come upon a problem.

We did the initial visa application on the imm.gov.au website and came up with only 105 points. this was against the 120 that the site said I needed for a skilled person visa (sub class 136). I am a qualified teacher (Computers) of 39 years young and have been for 3 years but my job is not on the in need register so I miss out on those points.

I'm I looking at the right Visa application?
Is there a way of knowing what will happen to my application before paying all that money in fees?
Who would be the best people to talk to on this matter?
Is their really jelly fish that can kill you or is this all just a great big joke?

Help... I don't want to lose my dream already,

Thanks for your time

Kevin and Caroline
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa worries

Originally Posted by l373912
Hi all

first time using this site and it looks exactly what we have been looking for. my wife and I want to start the ball rolling with regards to migrating to Oz but we have come upon a problem.

We did the initial visa application on the imm.gov.au website and came up with only 105 points. this was against the 120 that the site said I needed for a skilled person visa (sub class 136). I am a qualified teacher (Computers) of 39 years young and have been for 3 years but my job is not on the in need register so I miss out on those points.

Is there a way of knowing what will happen to my application before paying all that money in fees?
Is their really jelly fish that can kill you or is this all just a great big joke?

Thanks for your time

Kevin and Caroline
Hi

The best thing for you to do is speak to a migration agent to see what your best options are.

I can recommend either George Lombard or Alan Collett, both are members of the site and will help you all they can.

You definitely need 120 points to go on a 136 permanent skilled visa, but there is a few other visa's that you could explore.

Good luck
Wendy x
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

l373912 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WendyC
Hi

The best thing for you to do is speak to a migration agent to see what your best options are.

I can recommend either George Lombard or Alan Collett, both are members of the site and will help you all they can.

You definitely need 120 points to go on a 136 permanent skilled visa, but there is a few other visa's that you could explore.

Good luck
Wendy x

Thanks for the prompt reply Wendy.

How do I go about contacting George Lombard or Alan Collett to get some good advice?

Regards

Kevin
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the prompt reply Wendy.

How do I go about contacting George Lombard or Alan Collett to get some good advice?

Regards

Kevin

Alan Collett - http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=2105

George Lombard - http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=8124

You can either send them a PM or e-mail them. Their website addresses are on there as well.
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 8:25 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Alan Collett - http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=2105

George Lombard - http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=8124

You can either send them a PM or e-mail them. Their website addresses are on there as well.
You should maybe post this on the immigration forum too. Other options if you're short on points are to pay govt bond, assess your partner's skills or look at one of the sponsored visas.

Best of luck.
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kevin

As a matter of interest, what does your wife do? We initially applied using my computer skills (MCSE etc), I didn't get enough points Then the agent asked what my wife did (she's a chef), she get's enough points , so to cut a long story short, don't give up. Explore every avenue and I'm sure you will find a way in.

Good luck and welcome to the forum
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 9:23 pm
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

Kevin and Caroline
I'm afraid so.... and lots of other beasties as well.
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: visa worries

Hi all

Thanks for your time

Kevin and Caroline
Do speak to an agent .... the best advice you can get.

However, I think you could look at STNI to Vic as an option.

STNI = State or Territory Nominated Independent.

The occupation of computer teacher is needed in some areas in Vic.

If they agree to sponsor you then you do get the same full PR status as if you had 120 pts. but you would have to live in Vic for 24 months!

Bezza

p.s. Feel free to PM if you wish - I teach computing and am looking to migrate to Oz (110 pts.)