Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

visa - when do i need to go?

visa - when do i need to go?

Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:32 am
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all
Default visa - when do i need to go?

Hi all,

trying to get my head round timings! Were looking at permanent residency visa (independent skilled) - if we're lucky enough to get one, how long do we have after we get it to move to Aus - in other ords is there an expiry date??!!

Thanks
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:39 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa - when do i need to go?

For permanent visas, http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/968i.pdf

You will also need to validate your visa by entering Australia within a specified time period - otherwise it will be cancelled.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 4:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at this thread - post number one especially.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399509
Old Dec 10th 2006, 4:09 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sniffydog
Hi all,

trying to get my head round timings! Were looking at permanent residency visa (independent skilled) - if we're lucky enough to get one, how long do we have after we get it to move to Aus - in other ords is there an expiry date??!!

Thanks
Hi Sniffy,
You will have approximately 10 months to enter Australia once your visa is granted.Your police checks run out after 12 months and you get them done as late as possible.You will be given an entry date once you get a visa granted and you must validate your visa before or on that date or its void.

We got our PR Visa on 13th July'06 and have until May 24 '07 to enter Oz,it looks like we'll be arriving on Jan 30 !!!!!!!
Old Dec 10th 2006, 5:51 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Originally Posted by brido
Hi Sniffy,
You will have approximately 10 months to enter Australia once your visa is granted.Your police checks run out after 12 months and you get them done as late as possible.You will be given an entry date once you get a visa granted and you must validate your visa before or on that date or its void.

We got our PR Visa on 13th July'06 and have until May 24 '07 to enter Oz,it looks like we'll be arriving on Jan 30 !!!!!!!
Thanks all for the help - looks as though a holiday in Aus within the year keeps it ticking over for another couple of years!