Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa validation order of entry to Oz

Visa validation order of entry to Oz

Old May 1st 2004, 1:03 pm
Banned

jumbo will become famous soon enoughjumbo will become famous soon enough
Default Visa validation order of entry to Oz

My wife and I have our visas that state that I must enter Australia before her. Has anyone managed to validate with the second person going first? There must be exceptions to the rule.

If so, on what grounds, and who can waive this visa requirement? Who to apply to?

Many thanks
Old May 1st 2004, 1:13 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa validation order of entry to Oz

AFAIK there are no exceptions to this rule - the main applicant has to enter before or with other people named in the application to validate.

If you can't stay you could just go for a visit with the wife staying, which will be cheaper than (and less hassle) than reapplying for the visa.
Old May 1st 2004, 10:27 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

That is absolutely correct.

And once you have both validated, you can freely move in and out of Australia independently (within the visa's validity).

Jeremy

Originally posted by walaj
AFAIK there are no exceptions to this rule - the main applicant has to enter before or with other people named in the application to validate.

If you can't stay you could just go for a visit with the wife staying, which will be cheaper than (and less hassle) than reapplying for the visa.
Old May 2nd 2004, 12:01 pm
Banned

tweed is an unknown quantity at this point

There must be some exceptions - like what if jumbo died?

Old May 2nd 2004, 12:11 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tweed
There must be some exceptions - like what if jumbo died?
I would assume that the visa would become void. To put it bluntly, the skills upon which the visa is being granted and validated, would no longer exist. Could double check with a post to the immigration board as at least one agent only posts on that forum.

DIMIA are in a strong position (as shown by the recent points increase) if they say jump, you ask how high?

btw jumbo I do wish you good health
Old May 2nd 2004, 12:19 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

A *validated* visa will not be cancelled because of changes of circumstances. This is why there is a rule saying the main applicant must validate first.

A change of circumstances (like the death of one of the applicants) does not cause a visa to become void automatically, but DIMIA can cancel it. Whether they will do so usually depends on whether the spouse who has deceased was the main applicant or a secondary applicant - however, this can be complex depending on the circumstances and the visa class involved.

The bottom line is - validate those visas.

Jeremy

I would assume that the visa would become void. To put it bluntly, the skills upon which the visa is being granted and validated, would no longer exist. Could double check with a post to the immigration board as at least one agent only posts on that forum.

DIMIA are in a strong position (as shown by the recent points increase) if they say jump, you ask how high?

btw jumbo I do wish you good health