Wikiposts

visa validation

Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

clandfam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa validation

for visa validation, do you have to spend a minimum amount of time in Oz before your visa is validated? or is it a case of arriving at the airport and getting the visa "stamped"
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa validation

Originally Posted by clandfam
for visa validation, do you have to spend a minimum amount of time in Oz before your visa is validated?
No

or is it a case of arriving at the airport and getting the visa "stamped"
Yes
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

for visa validation, do you have to spend a minimum amount of time in Oz before your visa is validated? or is it a case of arriving at the airport and getting the visa "stamped"
Hi,

As I understand it, you arrive at the airport and get your visa stamped, there is no minimum time to stay.

We are going out next month to Perth for a couple of weeks to validate our visas

B B
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

thats what i thought.
someone had told my wife that you had to stay a minimum of 4 weeks.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Don't act like a stupid Pom though like I did and check after passing through Customs why they hadn't actually stamped the visa.

They don't stamp the visa, just any old page in the passport.

And as others have said, there is no minimum period you must spend there.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thats what i thought.
If you really want to, you can catch the next plane back - all you need to do is enter Australia, you can leave again straight away.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

At this precise moment, that would be a great idea

BB
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:24 am
Cheeky

Hi there,

Also (well with my 138 visa app) as I am the main applicant I would have to 'go through' first???

So for example if my hubby got a job offer in Oz and wanted to go ahead of me he wouldnt be able to unless I had been with him first.

At least this is how I understand it or I could be wrong!!

Please correct me if Im wrong!!

Many thanks,
Cheeky

Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Hi there,

Also (well with my 138 visa app) as I am the main applicant I would have to 'go through' first???

So for example if my hubby got a job offer in Oz and wanted to go ahead of me he wouldnt be able to unless I had been with him first.

At least this is how I understand it or I could be wrong!!

Please correct me if Im wrong!!

Many thanks,
Cheeky
Hi Cheeky

Yes you are right, as my name is on the application I have to go through immigration first. As we are going at the same time, if he goes first, his visa will not be validated now theres an idea

BB
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:40 am
Cheeky

Hi BB,

Thanks for the reply!!!

Glad my brain does absorb and retain some of the information its just sometimes my memory gets a bit jangled!!!

Thanks, Cheeky

Originally Posted by Big Bird
Hi Cheeky

Yes you are right, as my name is on the application I have to go through immigration first. As we are going at the same time, if he goes first, his visa will not be validated now theres an idea

BB

Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you really want to, you can catch the next plane back - all you need to do is enter Australia, you can leave again straight away.
thanks pollyana, i know when i'm not wanted
Old Oct 25th 2004, 2:02 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thanks pollyana, i know when i'm not wanted
Hey, come on, I'm the unwanted one round here at present!You will be very welcome......as long as you are coming to Brisbane and the lady of the family wants to join our drinking club
Old Oct 25th 2004, 2:11 am
Cheeky

Hi Pollyanna!!!

Sorry to butt in but can any 'ladies' join your drinking club??!!!

Brisbane is an option for us.........
Cheers
Cheeky

Hey, come on, I'm the unwanted one round here at present!You will be very welcome......as long as you are coming to Brisbane and the lady of the family wants to join our drinking club

Old Oct 25th 2004, 2:19 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Hi Pollyanna!!!

Sorry to butt in but can any 'ladies' join your drinking club??!!!

Brisbane is an option for us.........
Cheers
Cheeky
Anyone of the female sex can join us! Having said that... theres a certain forum member threatening to put on a frock and shave off his beard so he can join us..........
But serioualy, you don't need to drink alcohol (as long as you can put up with us getting drunk around you!), you don't need to be a British expat - we now have a very enthusiastic Swiss member, Barbara , and we don't whinge all te time! Just girlie nights out for drinks and gossip and laughs. Anyone welcome, if you come to Brisbane, give me or Michelle (mlbonner) a shout, and we'll tell you when the next meet up is.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 2:29 am
Cheeky

Thanks Pollyana,

Prob take you up on this!!!! Gossip and laughs are my kind of night!!

Wont be out there until mid 2005 but I will get in training ( ) while I am waiting for the visa!!

Thanks again,
Cheeky!!

Anyone of the female sex can join us! Having said that... theres a certain forum member threatening to put on a frock and shave off his beard so he can join us..........
But serioualy, you don't need to drink alcohol (as long as you can put up with us getting drunk around you!), you don't need to be a British expat - we now have a very enthusiastic Swiss member, Barbara , and we don't whinge all te time! Just girlie nights out for drinks and gossip and laughs. Anyone welcome, if you come to Brisbane, give me or Michelle (mlbonner) a shout, and we'll tell you when the next meet up is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.