British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Visa status on CV (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/visa-status-cv-415491/)

Dried Graze Dec 26th 2006 11:49 pm

Visa status on CV

I have been tweaking my CV and wondered whether there was a specific way to declare my Visa status? I know it might sound a bit dull but I just can't seem to come up the right wording.

Something like...

Visa Status: Sorted

...might not be acceptable.

:)

PaulG Dec 26th 2006 11:52 pm

Re: Visa status on CV

Originally Posted by Dried Graze
I have been tweaking my CV and wondered whether there was a specific way to declare my Visa status? I know it might sound a bit dull but I just can't seem to come up the right wording.

Something like...

I chuck this under personal details :

Nationality: British

Australian Visa: Class BN Resident P - Sub Class 136 (Granted 10 Jan 2006)

Cheers
Paul.

gedge Dec 26th 2006 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by PaulG
I chuck this under personal details :

Nationality: British

Australian Visa: Class BN Resident P - Sub Class 136 (Granted 10 Jan 2006)

Cheers
Paul.

that's what i do.. or should i say did till i got my citizenship

Dried Graze Dec 26th 2006 11:59 pm

Thanks for the quick replies but it just occurred to me that I should have mentioned that I'm on my wife's 457.......457 Spouse Visa :confused:

Australia_bound? Dec 27th 2006 12:10 am

Something like...

Pommie b***** should about cover it lol ; :D

Dried Graze Dec 27th 2006 12:13 am

I'm Welsh, so it won't.

gedge Dec 27th 2006 12:19 am

I'm Welsh, so it won't.

that's a great reply for so many questions :D

jensteve Dec 27th 2006 12:23 am

Something like...

Why bother putting it on, wait until the interview stage and if it comes up then explain it.
Jenny

Dried Graze Dec 27th 2006 12:23 am

Yeah, I got so fed up pointing it out that I bought a t-shirt stating it for me.

Dried Graze Dec 27th 2006 12:26 am

Originally Posted by jensteve
Why bother putting it on, wait until the interview stage and if it comes up then explain it.
Jenny

I don't want them to assume anything that might require extra time and effort to confirm. The job closes in a day and they want successful applicants on the job after a crash course within a few weeks tops.

Wendy Dec 27th 2006 12:49 am

I put this at the end of my hubby's CV. It worked as he got a job within a few days.

OTHER INFORMATION:
I have full work rights in Australia
I have a full South Australian Driving Licence

I don't see why you need to say where you come from, your date of birth, age or hobbies unless you need to fill up some space.

rossifumi Dec 27th 2006 1:12 am

Something like...

There is no requirement for you to put your visa status on your CV/resume.

My advice would be to omit that information.

Deadmeat Dec 27th 2006 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Wendy
I put this at the end of my hubby's CV. It worked as he got a job within a few days.

OTHER INFORMATION:
I have full work rights in Australia
I have a full South Australian Driving Licence

I don't see why you need to say where you come from, your date of birth, age or hobbies unless you need to fill up some space.

If you were a 19 year old girl from Rio with an interest in watersports and diving then it may help the odds of getting an interview a bit (depending on the panel).

Wendy Dec 27th 2006 1:23 am

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
If you were a 19 year old girl from Rio with an interest in watersports and diving then it may help the odds of getting an interview a bit (depending on the panel).

Exactly, a 19 year old would probably need to fill up space as she wouldn't have much experience to draw from ;)

I'd say only put things down that are relevant to the job you are applying for as you only have a few seconds to make an impression with a CV.

gedge Dec 27th 2006 1:36 am

Originally Posted by rossifumi
There is no requirement for you to put your visa status on your CV/resume.

My advice would be to omit that information.

i'd beg to differ... do you have a specific requirements of what shouldn't be included?
in most job ads i've looked at lately there is a stated requirement for correct visa status for applicants
by covering this on your resume you remove the need for an employer/agent to check
imo it's beneficial to include it