Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa status on CV

Visa status on CV

Old Dec 26th 2006, 11:49 pm
Account Closed

Dried Graze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa status on CV

I have been tweaking my CV and wondered whether there was a specific way to declare my Visa status? I know it might sound a bit dull but I just can't seem to come up the right wording.

Something like...

Visa Status: Sorted

...might not be acceptable.

Old Dec 26th 2006, 11:52 pm
Not waving but drowning..

PaulG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa status on CV

Originally Posted by Dried Graze
I have been tweaking my CV and wondered whether there was a specific way to declare my Visa status? I know it might sound a bit dull but I just can't seem to come up the right wording.

Something like...

I chuck this under personal details :

Nationality: British

Australian Visa: Class BN Resident P - Sub Class 136 (Granted 10 Jan 2006)

Cheers
Paul.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 11:55 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by PaulG
I chuck this under personal details :

Nationality: British

Australian Visa: Class BN Resident P - Sub Class 136 (Granted 10 Jan 2006)

Cheers
Paul.
that's what i do.. or should i say did till i got my citizenship
Old Dec 26th 2006, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

Thanks for the quick replies but it just occurred to me that I should have mentioned that I'm on my wife's 457.......457 Spouse Visa
Old Dec 27th 2006, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Something like...

Pommie b***** should about cover it lol ;
Old Dec 27th 2006, 12:13 am
Account Closed

I'm Welsh, so it won't.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 12:19 am

I'm Welsh, so it won't.
that's a great reply for so many questions
Old Dec 27th 2006, 12:23 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Something like...

Why bother putting it on, wait until the interview stage and if it comes up then explain it.
Jenny
Old Dec 27th 2006, 12:23 am
Account Closed

Yeah, I got so fed up pointing it out that I bought a t-shirt stating it for me.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 12:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jensteve
Why bother putting it on, wait until the interview stage and if it comes up then explain it.
Jenny
I don't want them to assume anything that might require extra time and effort to confirm. The job closes in a day and they want successful applicants on the job after a crash course within a few weeks tops.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I put this at the end of my hubby's CV. It worked as he got a job within a few days.

OTHER INFORMATION:
I have full work rights in Australia
I have a full South Australian Driving Licence

I don't see why you need to say where you come from, your date of birth, age or hobbies unless you need to fill up some space.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 1:12 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Something like...

There is no requirement for you to put your visa status on your CV/resume.

My advice would be to omit that information.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 1:19 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wendy
I put this at the end of my hubby's CV. It worked as he got a job within a few days.

OTHER INFORMATION:
I have full work rights in Australia
I have a full South Australian Driving Licence

I don't see why you need to say where you come from, your date of birth, age or hobbies unless you need to fill up some space.
If you were a 19 year old girl from Rio with an interest in watersports and diving then it may help the odds of getting an interview a bit (depending on the panel).
Old Dec 27th 2006, 1:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
If you were a 19 year old girl from Rio with an interest in watersports and diving then it may help the odds of getting an interview a bit (depending on the panel).

Exactly, a 19 year old would probably need to fill up space as she wouldn't have much experience to draw from

I'd say only put things down that are relevant to the job you are applying for as you only have a few seconds to make an impression with a CV.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by rossifumi
There is no requirement for you to put your visa status on your CV/resume.

My advice would be to omit that information.
i'd beg to differ... do you have a specific requirements of what shouldn't be included?
in most job ads i've looked at lately there is a stated requirement for correct visa status for applicants
by covering this on your resume you remove the need for an employer/agent to check
imo it's beneficial to include it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.