Reload this Page >

Visa Requirements

Visa Requirements

Old Feb 13th 2004, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

lizzel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Requirements

Hello All,
Probably a silly question that has been answered hundreds of times before but I cant seem to see anything. However, when applying for a fiance visa by front end loading, it is ok to send police checks and medicals with it? Im a bit confussed as I have heard the medicals go straight to AHC but im looking at getting them done soon but not applying until july/august and am concerned that they may just "get lost" in the system. I have just applied for my police checks as they could take upto 40 days and they have said it would be sent to me and not AHC. I didn't think this was the case? I have also seen posts saying that they had just been asked for their medicals. Would this be for different visa catagories?
Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Requirements

Originally posted by lizzel
Hello All,
Probably a silly question that has been answered hundreds of times before but I cant seem to see anything. However, when applying for a fiance visa by front end loading, it is ok to send police checks and medicals with it? Im a bit confussed as I have heard the medicals go straight to AHC but im looking at getting them done soon but not applying until july/august and am concerned that they may just "get lost" in the system. I have just applied for my police checks as they could take upto 40 days and they have said it would be sent to me and not AHC. I didn't think this was the case? I have also seen posts saying that they had just been asked for their medicals. Would this be for different visa catagories?
Hi Lizzel

Your situation is very similar to mine! I had my medicals done with the treat that they would be sent to AHC, which paniced me also as I thought they may get mislaid or lost as no file number!

I spoke with the doctor who did my medicals and he said he would clarify this for me and would call when my HIV results came in. The man kept to his word and about a week after my test he called with my results and confirmed that I was able to go pick up the medicals.

I am going to be sending my medicals (not the x-ray plate though) and my police checks in with all our other info as we are front end loading as well.

Hope this helps, if not happy to answer anything else you are concerned about.

Good Luck

Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lizzel,
Firstly, your police checks HAVE to come back to you - they are your property and it is up to you to decide, when you see what is in them, to show them to anyone else (all under the Data Protection Act)
Your medical, if you are doing a fiance visa from the UK, can also go back to you, as you need to submit it with all the papers to the High Commission in London. Skills/independent visas are difefrent - they take longer, so the meds are submitte later, and go to Adelaide. Tell the doctor that you are filing under the front-end loading system, and so you have to submit the meds to London with the application.

The idea of front-end loading is that it makes the process so much quicker; submit all the stuff together and you may well get the visa back in a couple of weeks.

Hope this makes sense? see also

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/FORM..._checklist.pdf

Pollyana
Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

lizzel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank You both for your info. It has made things much clearer for me. Feel much more reinsured with info coming from a pro like you Polyana. I have followed your adventures and saw your wedding pics. Congratulations by the way!
Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

slowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud of

when you move to a new country do you HAVE to have a medical check???

they sound scary....lol.... what do you have to have done.

no needles i hope...lol..... im a wimp.....

kayleigh
x
Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by slowmacro
when you move to a new country do you HAVE to have a medical check???

they sound scary....lol.... what do you have to have done.

no needles i hope...lol..... im a wimp.....

kayleigh
x
Yes you do have to have them done, and wait for it, yes there is needles involved. HIV test and if you have any tattoos or body piercings then they may do a Hep B test too.

My med doctor 'didn't see my tattoos' therefore didn't do the test...I have in fact go three tatts, but they are so small and low down that he ignored them, he also said that if I had had them done in some 'dodgy' country then he may have done a test
Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

slowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud of

aarrgghh :scared:

i hate needles. i dont have any tattos but i do have my belly pierced... and my ears.

do these test things hurt... remembering im a huge wimp...lol....

wen i had mt TB jab done last year at school i cried so much that the doctors said they might have to cancel the programme and come back next year because i was working the rest of the pupils in my school up and they couldnt work in conditions like that....

i hope im not like that if we get as far as having our medical check...

i might ask if i can be put to sleep first....lol....

kayleigh
x
Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by slowmacro
aarrgghh :scared:

i hate needles. i dont have any tattos but i do have my belly pierced... and my ears.

do these test things hurt... remembering im a huge wimp...lol....

wen i had mt TB jab done last year at school i cried so much that the doctors said they might have to cancel the programme and come back next year because i was working the rest of the pupils in my school up and they couldnt work in conditions like that....

i hope im not like that if we get as far as having our medical check...

i might ask if i can be put to sleep first....lol....

kayleigh
x
Don't worry Kayleigh, it is all done in a quick flash, just look away and look a picture or chart on the wall. I too hate having needles but it's worth having the all clear

Good Luck and breath deeply
Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

thank you very much.

if i can have this done then im ready for anything..lol...

kayleigh
x