Wikiposts

visa question

Old May 16th 2005, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all
Question visa question

hello

can anyone answer this question it may sound dumb, do you have to send your passports when you send of the visa application, as we are nearly ready to send of application but have a holiday booked in august, we are worried that if you do we might not have them back in time for holiday. can anyone help us please

g-man
Old May 16th 2005, 4:58 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa question

Originally Posted by g-man
hello

can anyone answer this question it may sound dumb, do you have to send your passports when you send of the visa application, as we are nearly ready to send of application but have a holiday booked in august, we are worried that if you do we might not have them back in time for holiday. can anyone help us please

g-man

You send certified copies of all the non-blank pages in your passport - not the passports themselves! It's ok - your holiday is safe!

Binbird
Old May 16th 2005, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all

Originally Posted by binbird
You send certified copies of all the non-blank pages in your passport - not the passports themselves! It's ok - your holiday is safe!

Binbird
cheers for that starting to panic then. i thought the visa was actually stamped inside the passport, what a wally.

g-man
Old May 16th 2005, 5:02 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by g-man
cheers for that starting to panic then. i thought the visa was actually stamped inside the passport, what a wally.

g-man

Just for info, you do have to send your passport off once the visa is granted but this is usually turned around in less than a week.
Old May 16th 2005, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Just for info, you do have to send your passport off once the visa is granted but this is usually turned around in less than a week.
thankyou
Old May 16th 2005, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

an agent told me its only sent to London anyway as its against the law to send your passport overseas without you with it...sounds good to me i'll go with it
Old May 16th 2005, 5:57 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Originally Posted by Steve2438
an agent told me its only sent to London anyway as its against the law to send your passport overseas without you with it...sounds good to me i'll go with it
Yes - I did mean London (for Brits anyway!) - hence the quick turnaround time. Ours were sent off on a Thursday and we got them back the following Tuesday.

Binbird
Old May 16th 2005, 12:44 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2438
I've never heard of this applying in the UK (although it's not a smart thing to do), although I may be wrong.

It is against the law in some countries, such as India.

As the AHC London does not evidence visas in person any more (barring exceptional circumstances) there's nothing stopping you finding out if another DIMIA office will evidence visas personally and make a holiday of it. For example, Berlin, Paris, Washington DC or Ottawa. Although obviously check local processes before travelling.

There is no obligation on British citizens to use London for visa evidencing.

Jeremy
Old May 16th 2005, 1:28 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
There is no obligation on British citizens to use London for visa evidencing.
There's no obligation for a person to use the Australian consulate/embassy/high commission in his/her home country for visa evidencing.

Only thing is if you're trying to get your visa evidenced in a foreign country, ensure that you have the appropriate visa/permit to enter that foreign country in the first place. E.g. Indian citizens may not have automatic entry rights to NZ for visa evidencing.

Peter
Old May 17th 2005, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Ansy is an unknown quantity at this point

you may want to send your certified/notarized copies of your current passport instead