Wikiposts

visa number

Old Nov 12th 2003, 1:35 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bawi
Hi Simone

First of all, Congratulation to your wedding, all the best for you two for the future!

Berlin is a cool city, My boyfriend and I made a three day trip out of the visa application. It was worth it.

Staff was very nice at the embassy and I got the visa two hours later! Also you can avoid worries about the mail system, things getting lost....

It took us a whole night on the train to get there from Zurich and one to get back, don't know what my boss thought on the next day when I turned up to work one hour late, just off the train with about 10 kilos of documents that I thought I needed for the application. If you follow the list given on the embassy site you will be perfectly fine.

Bye for now

Barbara
<hijacking thread, sorry >

Hi Barbara,

Thank you!

I was already thinking about a trip to Berlin too. Never been there, and we live in the east of Holland, so it's not even that far.
And at least they'll speak english at the Embassy (can't speak German!) And it would be verrrry nice getting the sticker 2 hours later!! Wow!!
Hmmm, maybe the end of january. I've got some time then, and my boyf, oops, husband can get some time of. At least he doesn;'t have to lie to his boss what about, as he knows now!

And yes, that list is great, I'm sure we'll be fine, I never doubted that anyway (ok, we're a few months away, it could still come!)
Actually, at the moment I looking forward to it all, I love doing stuff like this. Yes, I'm wierd, I also like questionaires!! lol
We've been together for 5 1/2 years, and the longest we've been seperated was about 3 or 4 days, so how hard will it be to prove our relationship. Oh and we've been living together for 1.5 years, and we have a shared bankaccount, which is the only one we even use, so in theory, this is gonna be sooooooo easy.
OK, so who disagrees??? And why!!
Old Nov 12th 2003, 12:47 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa number

[i]
there is a question on the application form for my spouse visa which asks if i have entered aus before and if so what was the visa number, i have no way of finding this information, anyone got any advice on this???

also it asks for the date of entry and departure, i can remember the date of arrival because it was my birthday but the date of departure is a bit hazy, it was sometime early november, will this be ok?
I had literally dozens of visits, some on one visa, some on others and some electronic. Just put down the most recent ones with as much info as you can remember, and append a note saying why you haven't all the records.

They can't expect you to remember visits from 20-30 years ago, on passports that were retired to the local tip when Ronald Reagan was pres!
Old Nov 12th 2003, 4:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Simone,
Things are really moving for you now aren't they!
Thats a fabulous list - just a word of warning for anyone from the UK (and possibly elsewhere) - the list for there is slightly different - I think a lot of it is the same, but they wanted 4 photos from me, and 2 from my fiance. Plus there isn't a mention on the UK list of a "relationship proforma"
I always assumed till now that the items required would be the same, but obviously not!
Old Nov 12th 2003, 6:29 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Hi Simone,
Things are really moving for you now aren't they!
Thats a fabulous list - just a word of warning for anyone from the UK (and possibly elsewhere) - the list for there is slightly different - I think a lot of it is the same, but they wanted 4 photos from me, and 2 from my fiance. Plus there isn't a mention on the UK list of a "relationship proforma"
I always assumed till now that the items required would be the same, but obviously not!
Yeah, strange. Maybe things have changed in the UK too?

But yeah, everybody stick to your own embassy!!