visa number

Old Nov 12th 2003, 11:41 am
WBB

Default visa number

hi dude's

in 1997 i visited australia on a working holiday visa and obviously had a visa in my passport, since then my passport expired and i have a new one, stupidly i destroyed the old one.

there is a question on the application form for my spouse visa which asks if i have entered aus before and if so what was the visa number, i have no way of finding this information, anyone got any advice on this???

also it asks for the date of entry and departure, i can remember the date of arrival because it was my birthday but the date of departure is a bit hazy, it was sometime early november, will this be ok?

Old Nov 12th 2003, 11:47 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa number

Originally posted by welshboybilly
hi dude's

in 1997 i visited australia on a working holiday visa and obviously had a visa in my passport, since then my passport expired and i have a new one, stupidly i destroyed the old one.

there is a question on the application form for my spouse visa which asks if i have entered aus before and if so what was the visa number, i have no way of finding this information, anyone got any advice on this???

also it asks for the date of entry and departure, i can remember the date of arrival because it was my birthday but the date of departure is a bit hazy, it was sometime early november, will this be ok?
Jim was there 15 years ago on a working visa and I just put approximate dates on the form and missed out the visa number. It didn't cause any problems.

Jane
Old Nov 12th 2003, 11:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I had about 5 previous ETAs, and couldn't find all the numbers; just put what you remember, their computers are so good, I'll bet they find it in a flash! Put as much info as you know, thats all you can do, and be honest - just tell 'em you can't remember the rest.
Old Nov 12th 2003, 11:52 am
WBB

ok thanks both for the replies, you know what this is like, my head is spinning what with all these forms to fill in, stat decs to sort out medicals tomorrow and all this amongst my usual 12 hour shifts and coping with 2 young kids!!!!!!

im a nutter get me outta here.......

Old Nov 12th 2003, 11:58 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Keep the questions coming Billy ..... makes me feel like I'm gainfully employed, instead of just a Pom living off her Bloke's income!
Old Nov 12th 2003, 12:02 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Pollyana
Keep the questions coming Billy ..... makes me feel like I'm gainfully employed, instead of just a Pom living off her Bloke's income!

you will be sorry you offered, i have gone through the forms and have listed the questions where i have a problem of some kind and so far there are around 12, i can tick one off as you just answered it but the rest will follow.

i tend to think of the people at AHC as dragons just waiting to pounce on an incomplete or incorrect application form and return it without processing, hopefully i am wrong.

next question to follow shortly

Old Nov 12th 2003, 12:05 pm
Home and Happy

Make it quick or it'll have to wait till morning......!!! I did most of my forms by getting help of here so I'm just paying the debt back....fortunately though it was just me, no kids running around to worry about
Old Nov 12th 2003, 12:07 pm
WBB

i have to log off for a bit now, got to go and get some passport photo's done for my med's and then a kid's party to go to at 4pm but do not worry the question's will be waiting for you when you get up in the morning.

Old Nov 12th 2003, 12:20 pm
Home and Happy

I shall look forward to them! Hope you get lots of jelly and ice cream at the party!!!

Is Flossie having her photos done too?
Old Nov 12th 2003, 12:33 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

AH, we'll be starting this very soon. Will have to find Pascal's eta too!

Just found out they don't do a lot of visa's via The Hague anymore since 1 november
It will have to go through Berlin. At least that website's very clear see below for list!
I was planning to front end load, I think we still will, but I'll have to look into it more now. And I wanted to hand it in personally, which'll be more difficult now.
And we're gonna start earlier than we were planning to too.

Document list: (does Australia House have something like this too? The Hague didn't. Of course the booklet is handy, but I think this is even more clear, right? (it was a while ago I last looked at the booklet))

< oh, the list isn't clear now once copied. If anybody wants all the info they can get, go to the website of the Australian Embassy in Berlin: http://www.australian-embassy.de/vis...y/100_309.html)
>
Documents required for a spouse migration visa

Translations of birth/marriage/divorce certificates or of other standard documents are NOT required.

LIST ONE (These documents you should send as originals)

Form 47SP, and form 886 (Settlement Details) completed and signed by you.
Form 40SP, completed and signed by your sponsor.
Police clearance certificates from your country of usual residence, and any other country where you have lived for more than twelve months during the last ten-year period. For further information, please click here. If you have lived in the USA for more than twelve months in the last ten years, please click here for information on how to obtain the relevant clearance.
One passport photograph from both sponsor and applicant.
Payment of the migration application fee.
Statement on how your sponsor proposes to fulfil the sponsorship obligations
The Relationship Pro-Forma, if you are in one of the categories mentioned on that form. To download this form, please click here.
Medical examination(s) with one of our panel doctors.
(You and your dependent family members included in your application) should attend a medical and X-ray examination with one of our panel doctors whose names are shown on the enclosed list. Children under the age of eleven are not required to undergo the X-ray examination. HIV testing is required for all applicants aged 15 and over. Please present two passport photographs of each family member to the panel doctor together with your valid passport(s)/ID card(s) and this letter for identification purposes. We would like you to be aware that your physical examination will be a thorough one, and for this reason you will be asked to disrobe to your underclothes, bra and pants in the case of women, and pants in the case of men. Tights, stockings or socks also have to be removed. Internal examinations are not routinely required. You will be responsible for paying the cost of the examination yourself - regardless of the outcome of your application.)

LIST TWO (These documents you should send as certified copies - you can obtain certified copies from anyone in your country who is empowered to do so.)

Your own birth certificate
If children are included in your application, their birth certificates.
If your children are from a previous relationship, you need to include a statutory declaration signed by the other natural parent of the children in the presence of a notary public consenting to the child(ren) migrating to and settling in Australia.
Evidence of your sponsor's Australian citizenship or resident status.
(This could be a citizenship certificate, a copy of their Australian passport or a copy of their birth certificate or a copy of their Australian permanent residence visa.)
Your marriage certificate, if applicable
Notice of intended marriage, if applying for a fiancé(e) visa.
(This should be issued by a registered marriage celebrant in Australia and it should also indicate the tentative marriage date. The document should quote the celebrant's registration number.)
Divorce decrees and evidence of custody arrangements, if applicable
Military discharge certificates, if applicable.
(All applicants who served in any Armed Forces within the last ten years should provide one of these certificates. Swiss applicants should click here for more information.)

LIST THREE (These documents you should send as photocopies)
This list refers to evidence of your relationship. Please note, you are only required to submit these documents if you need to complete a Relationship Pro-Forma.

A sample of photographs showing you and your sponsor together at various occasions. Please do not send us more than ten.
Evidence of co-habitation. (For example, a joint rental agreement, joint local authority registration under the same address, utility bills appearing in joint names, etc.)
Evidence of contact during times of separation. (For example, itemised telephone bills, printouts of your e-mail inbox folder, envelopes which contained your personal correspondence, etc.)
Evidence of joint travel and social activities. (For example, club memberships at the same club, boarding passes showing joint travel, joint invitations to celebrations, etc.)

Please do not send the following items as part of your application.
Phonecards
Videos
Photo Albums
Individual personal e-mail messages to each other

You may be required to provide extra evidence to document your relationship, but please do not do so unless we write to you specifically asking for more information.

Please do not place your application in a folder, use plastic pockets for storage of your documents or staple documents together as this slows the processing of your application
Old Nov 12th 2003, 12:58 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Simone82
Internal examinations are not routinely required.

:scared: oh no, i hope i am not the one who need's the finger.

Old Nov 12th 2003, 1:01 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

What, one isn't enough? You need more?
Old Nov 12th 2003, 1:03 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

he he

Well, I don't need anything, cos I'm the one here with the Australian Passport.

MUhaha ha

Old Nov 12th 2003, 1:06 pm
WBB

Originally posted by ptlabs
What, one isn't enough? You need more?

has anyone seen the film "roadtrip" ?

the scene toward's the end where he has the finger, oh no im not going to sleep tonight now worrying about tomorow.

Old Nov 12th 2003, 1:25 pm
settling in, finally

bawi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Simone

First of all, Congratulation to your wedding, all the best for you two for the future!

Berlin is a cool city, My boyfriend and I made a three day trip out of the visa application. It was worth it.

Staff was very nice at the embassy and I got the visa two hours later! Also you can avoid worries about the mail system, things getting lost....

It took us a whole night on the train to get there from Zurich and one to get back, don't know what my boss thought on the next day when I turned up to work one hour late, just off the train with about 10 kilos of documents that I thought I needed for the application. If you follow the list given on the embassy site you will be perfectly fine.

Bye for now

Barbara

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.