Reload this Page >

Visa has been granted!!!!

Visa has been granted!!!!

Old Dec 21st 2004, 6:39 am
Account Closed

hippymike is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Visa has been granted!!!!

Hi all,

Just a quick follow-up to thread 267395 "Fun and games with immigration - 457 Visa"

Well, just had an email from our solicitors who applied for me, and they said the visa has been approved! This means that as of sometime tomorrow (when i get the new label in my passport) my 1 year WHM 417 visa will be no more, and I will have a 457 sub-class visa as a de facto partner. Woohoo!!

Just so that everybody knows the story.... my girlfriend and I only started living together in February of this year, me on a WHM visa, her on a temporary 457 business sponsored visa. Immigration had been telling us that to apply for de facto, she needed to be a permanent resident or a citizen and that we needed to show proof of living together in a proper relationship for 12 months. Our excellent solicitiors (Fragomen) said that this was not the case.

Through Fragomen, I can now stay for an additional 3 years as long as Becky and I are still - hopefully - together, and as long as her 457 visa is not breached.

For anyone thinking of doing this, it was easy-peasy in the end...
1) Get 8 or 9 official documents (bills/rental agreements/bank statements etc) that show the shared address of both parties. These docs should be dated and ideally cover 6 months of shared address.
2) Scan all information pages from your passport showing stamps for Oz (other stamps and blank pages unnecassary)
3) Have copies of the docs and the passport scans certified (Manly court kindly did this for free).
4) Have a chest x-ray
5) submit the application (unsure of exact forms as Fragomen did all this on our behalf)
6) Wait 2 WEEKS! Yes, the application was submitted 2 weeks ago tomorrow, and my x-ray was done the day after submission.

Bingo. Everyone is happy :-)

Despite being suggested everywhere, there was no need for:
- joint invitations/ postcards/ evidence of correspondence for time apart
- interviews
- statutory declarations
- police checks (cos I have no intention of working with kids)
- bucket loads of stress that I've had for ages worrying about this!

Now all we need to do is find somewhere else to live! Currently in Manly, would like to stay there but off the main road! Any suggestions? ;-)

Have a very Merry Chrismas every one.

HippyMike
Old Dec 21st 2004, 6:41 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa has been granted!!!!

Congratulations, HippyMike and that's good info for people in similar positions. Enjoy life in Oz!
Old Dec 21st 2004, 7:21 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa has been granted!!!!

Congratulations!!

Best wishes for you future

Donna.