Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa Granted Question?

Visa Granted Question?

Old Sep 11th 2004, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Andrea_amp_Rich is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Granted Question?

Can anyone please tell me if the DIMIA contact you first by e-mail to confirm your Visa has been granted or do you wait for a letter in the post.

Its 3 weeks now since we lodged the Capital Investement and heard nothing our house is sold and need to move out on Friday. I have e-mailed Adelaide but they have not replyed what do i do regarding change of address?
Getting worried now.

Thanks

Andrea
Old Sep 11th 2004, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Dave, Tracy & Emily is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Visa Granted Question?

Suggest duing a re-direct with the post office to your temp address so you don't miss any mail.

Good luck
Old Sep 12th 2004, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Trax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Granted Question?

Hi Andrea,

We e-mailed our case officer after lodging our bond, and asked her to e-mail us when the visa was granted. We live abroad, so we explained that the mail service is rather dodgy, and can take up to 6 weeks.

She did not reply to that e-mail, but DID e-mail us several weeks later, to ask where we wanted to have our visa evidenced, and then promptly granted it, again by e-mail.

Hope this is of help - know its so stressful, but it will be worth it. We've just got back from validation our visa, and once my hubby has a job, we'll definitely be moving straight after.

Good luck

Trax