Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa granted - Its ok if you take a while to get it!

Visa granted - Its ok if you take a while to get it!

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Diggeryd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa granted - Its ok if you take a while to get it!

Hello everybody! I have not posted for a while on here (under a different user name), but now things are finally moving....

We finally we have our letter advising us to get our visas added to the passport! I have no doubt that this must have been one of slower applications...

Late 2002 - Application to ACS for RPL skills assesment for me and equivalent for wife.
June 2003 - Visa application made
December 2003 - Police checks and medicals requested
January 2004 - Application put on hold due to wife's pregnancy
November 2004 - Police Checks and medicals submitted
January 2005 - Visas granted!

Before putting the application on hold I understood that time was of the essence, and we had to submit our poilce checks and meds asap, but even though it took us several months after the birth of our son to get these sorted, this did not turn out to be a problem. Neither was it a problem that was now a year older, and my references a little out of date. Just thought I'd relate that as I had a hard time discovering what the rules were in our circumstances.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa granted - Its ok if you take a while to get it!

Originally Posted by Diggeryd
Hello everybody! I have not posted for a while on here (under a different user name), but now things are finally moving....

We finally we have our letter advising us to get our visas added to the passport! I have no doubt that this must have been one of slower applications...

Late 2002 - Application to ACS for RPL skills assesment for me and equivalent for wife.

Before putting the application on hold I understood that time was of the essence, and we had to submit our poilce checks and meds asap, but even though it took us several months after the birth of our son to get these sorted, this did not turn out to be a problem. Neither was it a problem that was now a year older, and my references a little out of date. Just thought I'd relate that as I had a hard time discovering what the rules were in our circumstances.
Well done.....
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:56 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

got a similar timeline to you

ACS application late 2002 approved early 2003
application submitted june 2003
request for meds/PC Feb 2004
put on hold - baby born Dec

got to apply for passport for baby, before meds can be booked. We informed our CO of the birth but gave no deadline for when she wants the PC/meds to be submitted by. Trying to ensure we have until at least end of feb 2006 to validate visas, incase house sale takes longer than it should!

So what was your previous name?
Old Feb 7th 2005, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Diggeryd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by walaj
got a similar timeline to you

ACS application late 2002 approved early 2003
application submitted june 2003
request for meds/PC Feb 2004
put on hold - baby born Dec

got to apply for passport for baby, before meds can be booked. We informed our CO of the birth but gave no deadline for when she wants the PC/meds to be submitted by. Trying to ensure we have until at least end of feb 2006 to validate visas, incase house sale takes longer than it should!

So what was your previous name?
I couldn't remember my previous username (dumb huh?) so had so create a new one.

I was surprised at how relaxed the application process became once we had put the application on hold for the pregnancy. No dates or deadlines. This was a relief as medicals etc with baby not easy to arrange.

We have to validate by August this year although don't plan to make the big move for a year or two as we are in no hurry.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 4:20 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent news, congrats!
Old Feb 7th 2005, 4:23 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Diggeryd

Fab news, have a rather large bottle of something to celebrate.
Regards
Sarah
Old Feb 7th 2005, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Fabulous news - well done!!!!!