Reload this Page >

Visa evidencing help

Visa evidencing help

Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

crossedleggedmoose will become famous soon enough
Default Visa evidencing help

Hi everyone,

I am in a bit of a pickle as I have to fly out to Oz on the 13th Jan 05 and need to get my visa evidenced before then. I know that I have to send my passport to the Australian High Commission but I don't believe I will get it back in time.

Here's the story behind all this.....

Applied for independent visas beginning of last year, but then got a job offer with a company in Oz who then applied for a sponsorship visa. Sponsorship visa granted just before Xmas so booked flight, but then independent visa came through yesterday (typical!). Advised by Case Officer to enter on independent visa hence current dilemma of getting visa evidenced! (sorry it was a long story)

Has anyone recently gone in person to AHC in London to get their visa evidenced or will they turn you away?

I sent an email to AHC but have not had a reply!

Any advice welcome.

Thank you
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:29 am
Professional Princess

Default Re: Visa evidencing help

Originally Posted by crossedleggedmoose
Hi everyone,

I am in a bit of a pickle as I have to fly out to Oz on the 13th Jan 05 and need to get my visa evidenced before then. I know that I have to send my passport to the Australian High Commission but I don't believe I will get it back in time.

Applied for independent visas beginning of last year, but then got a job offer with a company in Oz who then applied for a sponsorship visa. Sponsorship visa granted just before Xmas so booked flight, but then independent visa came through yesterday (typical!). Advised by Case Officer to enter on independent visa hence current dilemma of getting visa evidenced! (sorry it was a long story)

Has anyone recently gone in person to AHC in London to get their visa evidenced or will they turn you away?

Any advice welcome.

Thank you

Cant help you on that, but welcome to the forum.

Im sure someone will be able to help you with your questions.

Sam

Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

steve the man is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

Any advice welcome.

Thank you

Hi mate sorry not possible to get visa evidenced in person at AHC best way to try for a Quick turnaround is to send your passport by special delivery with a pre paid special delivery self addressed envelope for return of passport to yourself also might help if you Email your case officer to advise that passport is on way for visa evidencing and also explain that you need it back ASAP .
by the way special delivery guarantees next day delivery by noon at the latest.
hope this helps good luck
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Cant help you on that, but welcome to the forum.

Im sure someone will be able to help you with your questions.

Sam
Thank you for taking time to reply to my email!
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:39 am
Professional Princess

Thank you for taking time to reply to my email!
Just sent you some Karma.

You have your first blue box!

Now you have to beg others shamelessly to give you more Karma to get more boxes.

Old Jan 5th 2005, 12:01 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice welcome.

Thank you
If you can provide evidence of immediate travel to Australia, AHC *may* be willing to evidence visa in person. Faxing them is a better option than emailing.

Alternatively, take a few days in Singapore and see if you can get your visa evidenced there.

I'd suggest you ask the question on the immigration forum.

Jeremy
Old Jan 5th 2005, 12:08 pm
Go Banana's !!

Highly unlikely you can get it done in person at AHC as tried myself earlier this year when we had to move quick. To give you some hope I sent ours by special delivery to arrive before 12pm and also provided the same for the return. It cost a bit more but I sent it on the Friday and got it back on the following Weds and that was only because there was a bank holiday.

Good luck

Warren

Old Jan 5th 2005, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
If you can provide evidence of immediate travel to Australia, AHC *may* be willing to evidence visa in person. Faxing them is a better option than emailing.

Alternatively, take a few days in Singapore and see if you can get your visa evidenced there.

I'd suggest you ask the question on the immigration forum.

Jeremy
Thank you for the tip. I've just had another thought. Will AHC accept a printed email with the visa letter as opposed to a letter sent through the post? I obviously have not received the hard copy letter in the post yet.