Visa evidencing at AHC, London

Wikiposts

Visa evidencing at AHC, London

Old Aug 29th 2003, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Charles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa evidencing at AHC, London

Just a quick question...
Did anyone here from UK get their visa evidenced on passport by visiting AHC, London in person?

I have received pre-grant letter from ASPC a few days ago. A document attached with pre-grant letter suggests that I send my passport to AHC, London by Recorded / Special Delivery to evidence visa. As I live close to London, it shouldn't be a problem for me to visit AHC in person and get visa evidenced (if they do it on the same day) instead of sending my passport by post. Could anyone share their experience please... Many thanks.
Old Aug 29th 2003, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa evidencing at AHC, London

Originally posted by Charles
Just a quick question...
Did anyone here from UK get their visa evidenced on passport by visiting AHC, London in person?

I have received pre-grant letter from ASPC a few days ago. A document attached with pre-grant letter suggests that I send my passport to AHC, London by Recorded / Special Delivery to evidence visa. As I live close to London, it shouldn't be a problem for me to visit AHC in person and get visa evidenced (if they do it on the same day) instead of sending my passport by post. Could anyone share their experience please... Many thanks.
Hi,Just so happens that I had our visas evidenced fri morning.Got there at 09-30am visas sorted and out by 10-45 no problems.We are skilled independant and it`s no bother go for it !!jockney
Old Aug 30th 2003, 7:16 am
Just Joined

Charles is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Jockney, I am off to AHC on Monday morning then
I am also a skilled-independent migrant.
Old Aug 30th 2003, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

How did you get on visiting the AHC in LOndon, only I read that they would no longer accept callers in person, passport had to be sent vial the post
Old Aug 30th 2003, 7:46 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

The hassles are

Getting to the AHC

Qing 30 mins

getting your ticket and waiting 30 mins to 1 hour

When I ever went there it was only open until 12.

Then the good part comes. You hear your little yellow ticket printing and see it going into your passport.

Peace of mind and you wonder what all the worry was about.
Then it is oh my ***k what am I doing and I have so much to do to get out of here. Oh don't forget the massive p*** up.
Old Aug 30th 2003, 8:42 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

The AHC in London has advised agents that there is to be no more in person evidencing of visas processed outside the UK, but I dare say that if you turn up you're unlikely to be turned away ...

Best regards.
Old Aug 31st 2003, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Alan Collett
The AHC in London has advised agents that there is to be no more in person evidencing of visas processed outside the UK, but I dare say that if you turn up you're unlikely to be turned away ...

Best regards.
Hi alan this maybe so but our case officer told us we could do this and there were quite a few others doing that friday.In fact the chap doing the visa in passport said for piece of mind that passports dont get lost ,.he would do the same thing
Old Sep 1st 2003, 8:45 am
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I had a letter with my grant letter informing me that AHC do not support in-person visa issuing any more and to send the passport via special delivery.

I really fancy heading up to London and heading to Australia House to have my visa stamped.....bummer

Fancy skipping down the strand afterwards !!!