Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

visa with court proceedings!!!! can any1 help?

visa with court proceedings!!!! can any1 help?

Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

rededd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa with court proceedings!!!! can any1 help?

hi,
i`m currently planning on going to oz for christmas and new year to vist family and friends. about 6 or 7 months ago i got charged with a breach of the peace so petty i forgot all about it and now just got a letter telling me to attend court in november. i`m pleading not guilty and hoping this just gets throwen out of court, however if the court put it back and ask me to attend at a further date or worst case i get convicted of the charge (if so would be my first offence) how will this affect my visa application? can anyone help me with this?
thx
Edd

Last edited by rededd; Oct 5th 2006 at 9:59 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: visa with court proceedings!!!! can any1 help?

Originally Posted by rededd
hi,
i`m currently planning on going to oz for christmas and new year to vist family and friends. about 6 or 7 months ago i got charged with a breach of the peace so petty i forgot all about it and now just got a letter telling me to attend court in november. i`m pleading not guilty and hoping this just gets throwen out of court, however if the court put it back and ask me to attend at a further date or worst case i get convicted of the charge (if so would be my first offence) how will this affect my visa application? can anyone help me with this?
thx
Edd
Perhaps if you get convicted you could request "transportation" and kill 2 birds with one stone?

I think they are mainly worried about "serious" offences resulting in 0ne or more years sentence, all you can do is see how it plays out
Old Oct 6th 2006, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rededd
hi,
thx
Edd
Only incarcerated 12mths or more. I think your safe. Good luck
Old Oct 6th 2006, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

rededd is an unknown quantity at this point

chrs for replys!!! just hope this all gets sorted in nov 4th and then i can apply for visa ethier way. does any 1 know how long your visa takes to come through?