Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa Application Acknowledgements

Visa Application Acknowledgements

Old Jul 24th 2006, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

MarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really niceMarkieB is just really nice
Red face Visa Application Acknowledgements

Was wondering whether anyone else is experiencing delays on getting VISA Application Acknowledgements from DIMIA.
I sent my application on the 29th June and I found out from Aus Post that it was delivered on the 3rd July. I have applied for 136 MODL but as yet have had no acknowledgement from them, and no money has yet been taken.

I'm hoping this is just a delay and that other people are experiencing the same delays, I just want to put my mind at rest and know that it hasn't got lost somewhere as it has now been 3 weeks since they received it, and I thought the money would have been taken within a week or two.

Mark
Old Jul 24th 2006, 7:44 pm
ANNE&JAY

ANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Visa Application Acknowledgements

Originally Posted by MarkieB
Was wondering whether anyone else is experiencing delays on getting VISA Application Acknowledgements from DIMIA.
I sent my application on the 29th June and I found out from Aus Post that it was delivered on the 3rd July. I have applied for 136 MODL but as yet have had no acknowledgement from them, and no money has yet been taken.

I'm hoping this is just a delay and that other people are experiencing the same delays, I just want to put my mind at rest and know that it hasn't got lost somewhere as it has now been 3 weeks since they received it, and I thought the money would have been taken within a week or two.

Mark

Hi Mark, we sent our application at the begining of July and i haven't heard anything. I have read on the forum that they are taking at least four weeks.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 8:15 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Mark
I Have also applied for 136 MODL posted it on 3rd July, Haven't heard anything yet and no money taken, mine must be about 4 days behind yours so I hope you get acknowledgement soon.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 8:49 pm
kjj
Forum Regular

kjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to all

Hi MarkieB
I applied for 136 NON modl, application received by DIMIA on 13th Jun, credit card was debited the day after, but still 6 weeks later I haven't received acknowledgement of my application.
Regards,
KJJ

Mark
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Our agent sent off our 136 (modl) visa on 23/06/06, our credit card was debited on 29/06/06, didn't waste much time getting that did they? but we haven't had an acknowledgement as yet. I've checked on austimeline and it looks like it takes around a month after getting the visa. So hopefully we will all hear soon

N