Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Visa app sent-what can we be getting on with?

Visa app sent-what can we be getting on with?

Old Jan 28th 2005, 8:52 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa app sent-what can we be getting on with?

After 3 months bedlam sorting skills assessments, telling families, compiling the visa application and latterly tidying the house we have suddenly hit a lull and it feels really weird.

Once we get the visa back (maybe only 3 months as we are MODL and will front load) it will be bedlam again selling the house, notifying everyone etc etc.

So does anyone have any tips for stuff we can be getting on with (a life perhaps?) in the meantime to spread the load a bit?
Old Jan 28th 2005, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice
Default Re: Visa app sent-what can we be getting on with?

Originally Posted by worzel
After 3 months bedlam sorting skills assessments, telling families, compiling the visa application and latterly tidying the house we have suddenly hit a lull and it feels really weird.

Once we get the visa back (maybe only 3 months as we are MODL and will front load) it will be bedlam again selling the house, notifying everyone etc etc.

So does anyone have any tips for stuff we can be getting on with (a life perhaps?) in the meantime to spread the load a bit?
Congrats and good luck!

How about:

Start thinking about what you will/won't take
Visit all the European/UK sites/touristy places you may not ever see them again!
Visit the places you grew up (old houses/towns/schools)
Spend hours and hours looking at http://www.realestate.com.au and dreaming about what house you will live in!
Spend hours looking at http://www.realestate.com.au and working out how much you are willing to spend on a car and whether it has air-conditioning as standard.
Visit all your friends/relatives and other people you have lost touch with. Otherwise it could all be a last minute rush!
Drink lots of beer cos when you get to Oz you won't be able to find any!
Get to the gym to get the perfect figure for when you are a surfer-dude on the beach in a few months time
Read lots of books, they are more expensive in Oz
Chill and don't think about things
Spend all your time reading this forum

Alex
Old Jan 28th 2005, 9:09 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Write to your car insurance people, ask them for a letter stating how many no claims you have.
Start collecting stuff for a big carboot sell when it gets to spring.
Subscribe to the likes of travelbag.com so you can see when flights are on special offer.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 9:23 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Pray to the DIMIA god
Old Jan 28th 2005, 10:34 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Make lists ........... :scared:
Loads and loads of neverending bloody lists.
THEN tick things off slowly.
Gillian x
Old Jan 28th 2005, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Come on Worzel, you are an accountant, i thought you knew everything!!, at least the one i live with does!!

Bill
Old Jan 29th 2005, 9:34 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BillnLinz
Come on Worzel, you are an accountant, i thought you knew everything!!, at least the one i live with does!!

Bill
Answer1 - we have got most of the above suggestions covered already (apart from chill)

Answer2 - accountants always give the impression that they know everything
Old Jan 29th 2005, 9:58 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Answer2 - accountants always give the impression that they know everything
Ahem! You're letting the side down Worzel!
Old Jan 29th 2005, 12:05 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure you are not allowed to take opened bottles of spirits - so is the party is at your place?

For us we are off to see U2 in June, then as a surprise for me Dad I'm taking him to one of the days in the Ashes test series in August (still waiting for confirmation I have got the tickets - better have as its going to cost a load more for him to travel to Oz in 2 yrs time)
Old Jan 29th 2005, 12:26 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj
I am sure you are not allowed to take opened bottles of spirits - so is the party is at your place?

For us we are off to see U2 in June, then as a surprise for me Dad I'm taking him to one of the days in the Ashes test series in August (still waiting for confirmation I have got the tickets - better have as its going to cost a load more for him to travel to Oz in 2 yrs time)
We're also going to see U2 at twickenham on the sunday
Old Jan 29th 2005, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Ahem! You're letting the side down Worzel!
Come on guys, give us a break...there are some human accountants out there...but it looks like we're all heading down under!!! yeahhh
Old Jan 29th 2005, 12:58 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sonictigger
Come on guys, give us a break...there are some human accountants out there...but it looks like we're all heading down under!!! yeahhh
I notice you've just sent your application to ICAA. Do you know you can track its progress on-line?
Old Jan 29th 2005, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

I notice you've just sent your application to ICAA. Do you know you can track its progress on-line?
No I didn't, anything helps, is it through theor website??? thanks sunshine girl. Karma coming your way.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 1:04 pm
Confused member

Originally Posted by sonictigger
No I didn't, anything helps, is it through theor website??? thanks sunshine girl. Karma coming your way.
Yes, it's through their site. They sent me an e-mail explaining it. I'll dig it out and post the details.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 1:09 pm
Confused member

Yes, it's through their site. They sent me an e-mail explaining it. I'll dig it out and post the details.
Here we go:

Q. How can I check the progress of my assessment?
A. You are able to check on the progress of your qualification assessment via the ICAA secure website.

To access these progress details:

1. Click on the following link and login: https://members.icaa.org.au/customer/formslogin.asp

2. Your login is:

Username: NNNNNN (the ICAA should tell you this
Password: your date of birth (8 digits ie NNNN19NN)
If you have problems logging in, please contact [email protected].

3. Once logged in, select 'Qualifications Assess' from the Navigation Bar on the left side of the screen.

4. You should see your Qualification Assessment listed with one of the following statuses:

In Progress: We have received the assessment and it is being assessed.

Awaiting Information: We have received the assessment. Further information has been requested/is needed before we can proceed.

Closed: The assessment was completed and a letter sent out on the closed date.

We recommend that you login to the secure site to check on the progress of your application.

For further information contact [email protected] or phone us on 02 9290 5732.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.