visa!

Old May 23rd 2007, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

jo78 is just really nicejo78 is just really nicejo78 is just really nicejo78 is just really nicejo78 is just really nicejo78 is just really nicejo78 is just really nicejo78 is just really nice
Default visa!

hi this probably sounds like a daft question but how long does the visa bit actually take? my new employers have just emailed me asking for all the information (full names etc passport numbers) but no idea really how long things will take and i have a house to sell etc!!!!!!!!!

any info will be greatly received thanks guys!
Old May 23rd 2007, 7:33 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa!

Originally Posted by jo78
hi this probably sounds like a daft question but how long does the visa bit actually take? my new employers have just emailed me asking for all the information (full names etc passport numbers) but no idea really how long things will take and i have a house to sell etc!!!!!!!!!

How long is a piece of string? what kind of visa are you applying for?
Old May 24th 2007, 4:33 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

If its a sponsored visa (457 e.g.) then count on about 3 months.

Your new employer probably uses an agent, maybe they can give you a good idea on timescales.

If you are in a rush to get over, pre-loading meds/xrays speeds up the application by a couple of weeks.
Old May 24th 2007, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

jo78 is just really nicejo78 is just really nicejo78 is just really nicejo78 is just really nicejo78 is just really nicejo78 is just really nicejo78 is just really nicejo78 is just really nice

sorry know my msg was a bit vague wasnt it!!! its a sponsored job visa not sure of the code sorry but i read somewhere else it takes 3 weeks but surely that cant be right! the company are using an agent and they are preparing a list of all the docs that i will need for my visa and then they will be able to give me a timescale so should have some idea soon! i need to sell my house etc so the longer the better for me!
Old May 24th 2007, 6:27 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

sorry know my msg was a bit vague wasnt it!!! its a sponsored job visa not sure of the code sorry but i read somewhere else it takes 3 weeks but surely that cant be right! the company are using an agent and they are preparing a list of all the docs that i will need for my visa and then they will be able to give me a timescale so should have some idea soon! i need to sell my house etc so the longer the better for me!
It is the quickest visa available, and get priority processing, but 3 weeks nowadays is a bit too optimistic.

You will need to get medicals or xrays done depending on your occupations. These need to be sent and processed in Sydney. At the moment the processing takes about 2 weeks at the moment just for the sending off and clearing the meds.

The company needs first of all to make the application before the agent links your application to the companies request.

Going back over a year ago, I read about 457's being processed in 3 weeks, but now its more like 2 months +.

Welcome to the madhouse.

Just take your time organizing things, and read as much on this site as possible regarding the do's & dont's of emigrating. Read all the stickies, especially the one regarding the 457 visa. It has a lot of pro's & cons and ask about LAFHA (living away from home allowance) which is a tax perk which is available on this visa.
Old May 24th 2007, 6:29 pm
Going for a ride

When does the new employer want you to start ?

Try to stretch that as well.

The more time you have, the more time to wrap up loose ends, and organize things on the other side.