Visa

Old Mar 19th 2006, 1:46 pm

hayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the rough
Question Visa

i have just posted on the immigration section but there are only 4 or so viewing.

just completed an online skills assesment with migration expert and they tell me i do not have enough points on skilled independent visa (state i have 95) do they tell you this so you will pay for a full assessment or will they be correct.

i get 40 points for job, 30 for age and 20 for english and i believed that with my 3 years experience (will be nearly four and a half by time get the ball rollnig) i would have enough they tell me i am only eligable for 5 extra points taking me to 95!!! having a bit of a panic now!!! is there any scope for extra points if this is the case or should i give up????

HELP!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Mar 19th 2006, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa

It is the weekend. You will get answers tomorrow morning when Australia goes to work. But I'm sure some of the helpful people on here will answer your questions as best they can for now.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 2:08 pm

hayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the rough

forgot to say only family i have there is mums cousin so my second cousin she would sponsor me but am i right in thinking thats a too distant relative?? plus she is in melbourne and not sure if thats where i want to go??
Old Mar 19th 2006, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Luma
It is the weekend. You will get answers tomorrow morning when Australia goes to work. But I'm sure some of the helpful people on here will answer your questions as best they can for now.

thanks i know goes quiet here on weekends iwouldnt be on if there was a coice betwen a nice barbie, the beach etc.. and inside on the net either!!!

thanks again
Old Mar 19th 2006, 2:20 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hayleyhails

i get 40 points for job, 30 for age and 20 for english and i believed that with my 3 years experience (will be nearly four and a half by time get the ball rollnig) i would have enough they tell me i am only eligable for 5 extra points taking me to 95!!! having a bit of a panic now!!! is there any scope for extra points if this is the case or should i give up????

HELP!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:
What is your job Hayley?

S
Old Mar 19th 2006, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
What is your job Hayley?

S

Paole/Probation Officer
Old Mar 19th 2006, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

Have replied on the immigration forum
Old Mar 19th 2006, 2:48 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Paole/Probation Officer
This is from the Dimia website:

If your nominated occupation is:
worth 40, 50 or 60 points under the skill part of the points test
and
you have worked in any occupation listed on the Skilled Occupation List, for at least 3 of the 4 years immediately before you apply. = 5 Points.

It seems that the online test may well be right. If you had a 60 point occupation, then you could have potentially raised another 5 points, but this is fairly moot.

You could raise additional points through the following:

Spouse points = 5
Bonus points = 5 (Capital investment OR AU work experience OR Fluency in minority language)

which would still leave you with only 105 points, well clear of the current pass mark of 120. As I am not an expert I can't comment on your chances for sponsorship.

You do, however, meet the pool mark, so you may want to check out the options available to you in regional visas.

Hope that helps.

S
Old Mar 19th 2006, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
This is from the Dimia website:

If your nominated occupation is:
worth 40, 50 or 60 points under the skill part of the points test
and
you have worked in any occupation listed on the Skilled Occupation List, for at least 3 of the 4 years immediately before you apply. = 5 Points.

It seems that the online test may well be right. If you had a 60 point occupation, then you could have potentially raised another 5 points, but this is fairly moot.

You could raise additional points through the following:

Spouse points = 5
Bonus points = 5 (Capital investment OR AU work experience OR Fluency in minority language)

which would still leave you with only 105 points, well clear of the current pass mark of 120. As I am not an expert I can't comment on your chances for sponsorship.

You do, however, meet the pool mark, so you may want to check out the options available to you in regional visas.

Hope that helps.

S

thanks thought thism ay have been the case but didnt want to admit defeat, looks like a re-train is in order or a lotery win

thanks for your help, much appreciated
Old Mar 19th 2006, 2:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks thought thism ay have been the case but didnt want to admit defeat, looks like a re-train is in order or a lotery win

thanks for your help, much appreciated

I have replied to your other post in the immigration forum

Chin up all options are not yet out of the window