Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Virgin to BE - Sydney bound Dec 2010

Virgin to BE - Sydney bound Dec 2010

Old Sep 4th 2010, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

corfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nicecorfu is just really nice
Post Virgin to BE - Sydney bound Dec 2010

Hello

I have just joined BE, made a bit of a hash in the Welcome Inn by getting it all of my chest in one go.

Just any views, help, advice on our situation would be great as we have a really small timescale of 11wks and have only just started to get the ball rolling. The list is huge (ref: my Welcome Inn splurge!!)

Ouick situation overview, my OH has accepted job offer in Auburn, Sydney. Package is - $98,000 with a $10,000 relocation package for shipping, flights etc. LAFHA has been agreed to, but proportion to be agreed on arrival. We will have 4wks furnished accommodation and the use of a real estate agent to assist us with finding a suburb and rental to suit budget. We have one child aged 4, who at the moment thinks we are going on a long holiday in December and gets distraught at the mention of leaving his toys and house!

We will be on 457 visas for 4 yrs. Here in the UK we will be renting our property.

Just feeling generally daunted by the whole process of preparing everything, just don't know where to start.

Other employees out there are living in Kellyville, but on researching this suburb, it just doesn't sound right for us. Baulkhaum Hills felt like it had a bit more community and facilities. Anyone living this area or around.

Am starting to research and get quotes for the obvious like shipping companies (Crown and John Mason). But it is just all the other hoops to jump through like BANKING that scares me.

Have looked through quite a few threads in the past so would like to thank you all for the really good info and advice so far.

I know people ask if the money is enough, especially due to rental prices in Sydney, I think we are on the threshold and should be fine, we don't struggle in the UK but we are not extravagant and thrifty with what we have.

Phew, hope I did ok
Corfu