Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Virgin Blue to Melbourne question??

Wikiposts

Virgin Blue to Melbourne question??

Old Dec 3rd 2006, 11:20 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Virgin Blue to Melbourne question??

Hi guys,

Popping down to Geelong for the day with my mum (long story) and was looking at flight prices. Virgin Blue seem to be the cheapest when I want to go. I was wondering if anyone knows if they fly into Avalon Melbourne airport or somewhere else? Just wanted to know whether I needed to hire car or get train.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 11:36 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Virgin Blue to Melbourne question??

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi guys,

Popping down to Geelong for the day with my mum (long story) and was looking at flight prices. Virgin Blue seem to be the cheapest when I want to go. I was wondering if anyone knows if they fly into Avalon Melbourne airport or somewhere else? Just wanted to know whether I needed to hire car or get train.

Cheers

Ginny
I know Qantas go to Avalon, I think Virgin Blue go to Tullamarine Airport.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 11:46 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

VirginBlue fly into Tullamarine...

JetStar go to Avalon which is a much better option if you are going to Geelong. Its only a few minutes drive from there...
Old Dec 4th 2006, 12:28 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Cheers

Ginny

Ginny, ask on this site as well, and i know there is a family on there who live in Geelong (who are always holding my hand about teen, sound lovely )

http://z7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/...hp?showforum=1

and what's the story
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

cazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ginny

We are in Geelong and have travelled up to Avalon to airport quite a few times, it is probs about 20 minutes into Geelong or my house. Plenty of taxis parked up and car hire there too, there is also a shuttle bus that goes right into Geelong $12 one way.

Enjoy Cazzy

Hi guys,

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 10th 2006, 7:36 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Virgin Blue to Melbourne question??

Ginny, if you fly Virgin Blue, hire a car from Europcar as you get a discount. Actually they didn't check whether I actually had flown Virgin Blue so you might be able to get thid discount even if you flew with someone else!

Buzzy
Old Dec 10th 2006, 11:08 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Ginny, if you fly Virgin Blue, hire a car from Europcar as you get a discount. Actually they didn't check whether I actually had flown Virgin Blue so you might be able to get thid discount even if you flew with someone else!

Buzzy

Hi thanx for that. In the end got the bus from the Airport to Geelong as time was short and couldn't do what I wanted to. Will be going down again soon enough so that's something to keep in mind. Virgin Blue had good prices and better times (if I book enough in advance) but this time ended up with quantas.

Cheers

Ginny