Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Violence and Crimes is Sydney [ a serious problem ]

Violence and Crimes is Sydney [ a serious problem ]

Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:20 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Violence and Crimes is Sydney [ a serious problem ]

This reported murder appears to be making headlines on all TV stations, and not just in NSW.

According to latest reports, the suspect is the man's son.

Old Nov 11th 2009, 3:36 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jad n rich
And I can see where this thread is gonna go

Your a brave man
A discussion of drug abuse in Aus?
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bcworld
Pah...that's nothing!

On my first visit to Sydney, we stayed in an apartment close to Darling Harbour / Chinatown. We checked in and went up to the apartment, put on the TV and the news was on - the story running was about a stabbing that had occured on the doorstep of the building we had just checked into the night before!
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I loved that sorry made me laugh SOOOOO much.
We got married in Florida in 2005 and the day after we arrived there had been a shooting at one of the courts in Orlando killed a judge and some jurors and other ppl, a couple of days later we had to go and get our marriage certificatey license thingy (it's late and i'm tired lol) and I was absolutely bricking it especially as we had the kids with us and the car that dropped us off and was supposed to wait for us didn't !!!!!
Neurotic I know but I half expected another gunman to pop out from the bushes outside while we waited for our cab :O
CWAZY ppl everywhere and you never know when one is gonna turn up or where ?
Old Nov 11th 2009, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Just an interesting piece which was not mentioned in the link- the father was British, which makes the son (suspect) also a Brit.....hmmmm.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 10:30 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Pomster
Just an interesting piece which was not mentioned in the link- the father was British, which makes the son (suspect) also a Brit.....hmmmm.

Old Nov 11th 2009, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

I am now very concerned that all British migrants will turn out to be murderers (well perhaps only those who move to Sydney)

Old Nov 11th 2009, 10:36 pm
ABCDiamond

I am now very concerned that all British migrants will turn out to be murderers (well perhaps only those who move to Sydney)

Thank God I don't have a son...

Old Nov 12th 2009, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Thank God I don't have a son...
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WEll we could be moving to Sydney early next year. Hmmmm now let me think am I capable of murder?
well I do have a son - actually I have 3 and a daughter, well 4 kids ??? could make a murderer or just plain suicidal
Old Nov 12th 2009, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JenJen
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WEll we could be moving to Sydney early next year. Hmmmm now let me think am I capable of murder?
well I do have a son - actually I have 3 and a daughter, well 4 kids ??? could make a murderer or just plain suicidal
Well statisically, as long as you are not a curator, you should be OK!
Old Nov 12th 2009, 8:33 pm
ABCDiamond

Well statisically, as long as you are not a curator, you should be OK!
Yes.

Old Nov 13th 2009, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gere
From time to time I visit the web site of Sydney Morning Herald newspaper . And Very often I see stories on crimes and violence in Sydney. It is pretty scary and annoying fact about the city. Here is the latest crime story in Sydney.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/two-d...ml?autostart=1
Sorry but I'm failing to see your point? Crime happens everywhere, murders happen everywhere. Sydney isn't exactly the crime/murder capital of the world.

Violence and crime is not a major problem in Sydney, stop trying to create panic/sensationalism.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 10:05 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

There used to be an anti-OZ poster on the forum a while back who whenever there was a serious crime in in OZ like a murder they would post a link to the article and say "look crime happens in OZ too" what do people expect a country of 20 million people decended from convicts not to have any serious crime.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

I just have to say try living in South Africa..... over 35 murders per day...... What where you saying??
Old Nov 15th 2009, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Baltimore where someone is murdered every day (at least!). Sydney seems very safe to me. I am planning my first visit to Australia in 2010! I am very excited.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 9:06 pm
ABCDiamond

For a comparison of 'Intentional' Murder rates per 100,000 population have a look at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

The Most Recent figures show
  • 5.8 United States
  • 2.13 Scotland(UK)
  • 1.37 England, Wales(UK)
  • 1.2 Australia

7.64 world average
50.0 World highest

Not sure how they determine "intentional".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.