Reload this Page >

views on central coast

views on central coast

Old Feb 13th 2005, 11:35 am
Delbert

alan dell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default views on central coast

Hello,

I just need some general views on the central coast.I have been offered a job in Gosford.I asked for info on Gosford a week back which was useful but on the central coast I am not too sure.What is life like generally and the area.I shall have no commuting which is a bonus but what are employment oppotunities like for secretarial (Wife) hopefully part-time. It will be Myself, Wife and 3 children the eldest being 11.
I am being sponsored, although I shall not be tired to the job I feel that I should Honour it.Before this offer of employment We had Brisbane in our sites as We have friends there.
Any opinions would greatly be appreciated.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 4:34 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: views on central coast

Originally Posted by alan dell
Hello,

I just need some general views on the central coast.I have been offered a job in Gosford.I asked for info on Gosford a week back which was useful but on the central coast I am not too sure.What is life like generally and the area.I shall have no commuting which is a bonus but what are employment oppotunities like for secretarial (Wife) hopefully part-time. It will be Myself, Wife and 3 children the eldest being 11.
I am being sponsored, although I shall not be tired to the job I feel that I should Honour it.Before this offer of employment We had Brisbane in our sites as We have friends there.
Hello Alan

There have been a couple of good threads on the Central Coast in the past 2 (?) months - suggets you put up a search and then come back with any specific points raised - sorry if that sounds like a "formal meeting format" - not intended to be.

(Must be that I've yet come round from watching the England rugby team managing to snatch defeat from the jaws of certain victory this afternoon - the World Cup is long gone!)

Regards

Jim
Old Feb 13th 2005, 5:35 pm
Merlot

Default Re: views on central coast

Originally Posted by alan dell
Hello,

Hi Alan

Congrats on your job in Gosford.

Gosford itself is no great shakes, a little like a town that has had it's day.

Are you looking for advice on where to live, i.e suburbs?

Workwise, I think I have said to a certain degree it is who you know but from day one of moving up there I took any temp office work I could to prove myself and it started to pay dividends.

The pay is less than Sydney but you don't have the commute. Also, work wise a car is an almost must as a lot of businesses are not on good public transport routes, if at all.

The Watersedge Hotel was good for us when we needed short term place before we came back to the UK

http://www.watersedgemotel.com.au/

The room we booked had a kitchenette area which meant we could do things like toast, microwave food which saved some cash. It maybe worth a check out if you need somewhere to stop.

I haven't lived there since March 2004 so things do change.

Best of luck
Merlot