Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Victoria $12,000 First Home Grant

Victoria $12,000 First Home Grant

Old May 6th 2004, 4:40 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

I claimed for the ten .. actually I have not claimed for it yet.. I've still got the forms collecting dust ( I can still claim for the ten.. it's when you sign contracts and lay the slab)..

What actually happened to me, I sent them off a few months ago ...ages after signing the contract.. without digging them out, I got in before the 10 dropped to 7... anyway, they sent them back, wanting my visa... still haven't got round to posting them back off again.. but I will ( they just wanted scanned idenfication, proving I'm PR or a citizen.. which they did not say on the original forms). I really should get them off again ( p.s anyone who signed contracts before the cut off date for the 10, and even 12 can still claim it)

I have been here over 7 years paying thought the nose ... would you like to see how much tax I paid last week... you would not believe it!!!!! over $1500 for a week!!

anyway , I've been sitting here as PR for 7 years... paying through the nose taxes, so it annoys me when people come out with a flippant statement that Au citizens should only get a grant ,.. only now I have taken out stupid aussie citizenship - by the way I'm no more patriotic towards their country than I was with PR (you can't force someone to care) ... but Hi, you can call me an Australian now if you wish ... so perhaps Mary thinks I'm worthy of a grant because I hold citizenship, and people who hold PR are not.

there are plenty of PR's here that think the sun shines out of the Aussie ass*s.. but you are begrudging them claiming.. and here is me an Aussie citizen.. and to be honest I don't care too hoots for the place! .. so I'm worthy am I?? lol and they are not.. think about it

Last edited by Ceri; May 6th 2004 at 4:44 pm.
Old May 6th 2004, 4:43 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Ceri
I claimed for the ten .. actually I have not claimed for it yet.. I've still got the forms collecting dust ( I can still claim for the ten.. it's when you sign contracts and lay the slab)..

What actually happened to me, I sent them off a few months ago ... years after signing the contract.. without digging them out, I got in before the 10 dropped to 7... anyway, they sent them back, wanting my visa... still haven't got round to posting them back off again.. but I will ( they just wanted scanned idenfication, proving I'm PR or a citizen.. which they did not say on the original forms). I really should get them off again ( p.s anyone who signed contracts before the cut off date for the 10, and even 12 can still claim it)

I have been here over 7 years paying thought the nose ... would you like to see how much tax I paid last week... you would not believe it!!!!! over $1500 for a week!!

anyway , I've been sitting here as PR for 7 years... paying through the nose taxes, so it annoys me when people come out with a flippant statement that Au citizens should only get a grant ,.. only now I have taken out stupid aussie citizenship - by the way I'm no more patriotic towards their country than I was with PR (you can't force someone to care) ... but Hi, you can call me an Australian now if you wish ... so perhaps Mary thinks I'm worthy of a grant because I hold citizenship, and people who hold PR are not.

Hi Aussie Ceri, $1500 in tax *cough, splutter* Will you marry me ???
Old May 6th 2004, 4:51 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Bordy
Hi Aussie Ceri, $1500 in tax *cough, splutter* Will you marry me ???
no because the tax has taken away my earnings... I'm serious.. you ought to see last weeks

Anyway the point being.. there are people on this forum who "looove "Aus (who are not citizens., and are more entitled to the grant in that respect) and I dislike the place.. makes me laugh that's all ...

Nothing is black and white.

And why the 'ell should I pay for some people who don't get off thier asses... nobody give me anything., I had to work for it. so why should I care about "battlers"

rant over.. that's what trying to give up smoking does to you..lo... I give up... I need a ciggy

Cheers

Last edited by Ceri; May 6th 2004 at 4:54 pm.
Old May 6th 2004, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

won't make a gnats fart of a difference to me I'm afraid.

It's a bit like someone handing you a tenner whilst you're in Knightsbridge and saying "there you go, there's a start for you".

Of course it'll make a big difference to those in other parts of the state.

I can go some way down the track with a means test - or perhaps more a qualification period much like that which is applied to PR when the visa is granted. Clearly that'll be to my detriment, but so be it. I take the argument that I'd be a bit put out back home if that applied...because I would be.