Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

VIc institute of teaching? Who has applied?

VIc institute of teaching? Who has applied?

Old Mar 16th 2009, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about
Default VIc institute of teaching? Who has applied?

Oh my goodness just been looking at the application to apply for the VIC institute of teaching!! Have a few q's for anyone who has done this.
I probably only am going to be emergency teaching at first so do i still need to register. How long does registration last and whats the cost? Also along with all the certified copies of my life at the end of the form are forms for employers refering to standards of professional practise. Is a job decription and reference satisfactory or do they want evidence for each standard?? Thanks in advance for help!
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice
Default Re: VIc institute of teaching? Who has applied?

Hi

I did my application nearly 3 years ago and remember it was fairly longwinded, but to be honest can't remember all the specifics. I remember however that I posted (as did others) questions about it on the teacher section on here so I suggest you take a look on there.

It was not hugely expensive and you are not allowed to teach in Victoria without it (supply or permanent teaching)

Hope this helps
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iainandsam
Oh my goodness just been looking at the application to apply for the VIC institute of teaching!! Have a few q's for anyone who has done this.
I probably only am going to be emergency teaching at first so do i still need to register. How long does registration last and whats the cost? Also along with all the certified copies of my life at the end of the form are forms for employers refering to standards of professional practise. Is a job decription and reference satisfactory or do they want evidence for each standard?? Thanks in advance for help!
Yes you need to register for emergency teaching
It lasts 5 years, though there is a yearly fee.
it costs about $200 for the 1st year and $50 every year after that.
You need evidence for each standard, a lesson obs or copy of your markbook will suffice for most.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by hereshoping
Yes you need to register for emergency teaching
It lasts 5 years, though there is a yearly fee.
it costs about $200 for the 1st year and $50 every year after that.
You need evidence for each standard, a lesson obs or copy of your markbook will suffice for most.
i have got some lesson observations but got rid of all my marksheets, typical!! Is there anything else i could use? WHat about references, etc
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Where do i find the teacher section by the way?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iainandsam
Where do i find the teacher section by the way?
Click on Forum tab at the top of the page and then scroll down and you will find an occupation section.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

I got my full registration in either Dec or Jan. Didn't provide any evidence other than the form filled in by the school and copies of my certificates.