Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

VETASSESS - They say NO! After 9 months!!

VETASSESS - They say NO! After 9 months!!

Old Mar 8th 2006, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute
Default VETASSESS - They say NO! After 9 months!!

Sadly I have had the dreaded fax to say that my qualifications aren't good enough!

The dream may be over!

They say that my GNVQ Advanced Business (which was taught at College after gaining decent GCSE's) is a "school-level qualification" and is "not post secondary".

I cant believe its taken them 9 months to come to that decision!! What a load of crap they are talking!!

Its made me wonder why I wanted to bother in the first place!

Oh well, I've had my rant. Now back to the sulking!
Old Mar 8th 2006, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VETASSESS - They say NO! After 9 months!!

Originally Posted by wafc
Sadly I have had the dreaded fax to say that my qualifications aren't good enough!

The dream may be over!

They say that my GNVQ Advanced Business (which was taught at College after gaining decent GCSE's) is a "school-level qualification" and is "not post secondary".

I cant believe its taken them 9 months to come to that decision!! What a load of crap they are talking!!

Thought you'd have been fine with a GNVQ??
Sorry to hear your news
What's your next step gonna be then?
Old Mar 8th 2006, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Sorry to hear your news

Sorry to hear that. Can you marry an Australian? It worked for me.
Old Mar 8th 2006, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Sorry to hear that. Can you marry an Australian? It worked for me.

Not me personally, think my wife would have something to say about it lol
Old Mar 9th 2006, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Sorry to hear your news
Not sure to be honest, there's a possibility of an appeal but dont know whether it wil be worth it.

The worst thing is, I had a letter and email from my Education provider to say my qualification was equivalent to NVQIII (which is what VETASSESS need) but yet they still say that my quals are "school level" and "not post secondary".

Think I may just have to give up! Shocking decision though!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

The dream may be over!

Don't give up!

I had my skills assessment come back and they said my qualificatiosn were not recognised! I am a teacher and was employed as one in a secondary school in UK!

The agent we used said 'do you want your money back - as the oz authorities never back down on a decision' - bullshit I fought it all the way and even though it took time - I am here - and have been for 18 months!

Keep fighting and PM me if you want to

Sarah
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Lavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really nice

The dream may be over!

If it took them that long to make a decision it must have been close. Being from Germany I don't know much (if anything) about British education levels, but with my German qualification I was in a similar situation. Vetassess after nine months assessed my qualifications as not equivalent to an AQF diploma. I had a reassessment done as with another job, for which a Certificate IV was sufficient, and within four weeks I was assessed positive and now have my visa!

Vetassess only assess your level of qualification and not your branch of study. Perhaps you can talk it over with an agent or give Vetassess a call and see what they say.

Keep in mind that if you have a reassessment within 90 days the cost is only approx. half the usual Vetassess assessment fee.

Good luck!

Lavinia
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:59 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
Don't give up!

I had my skills assessment come back and they said my qualificatiosn were not recognised! I am a teacher and was employed as one in a secondary school in UK!

The agent we used said 'do you want your money back - as the oz authorities never back down on a decision' - bullshit I fought it all the way and even though it took time - I am here - and have been for 18 months!

Keep fighting and PM me if you want to

Sarah
Wht problems did you have with your teaching quals Sasbear?

S
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lavinia
If it took them that long to make a decision it must have been close. Being from Germany I don't know much (if anything) about British education levels, but with my German qualification I was in a similar situation. Vetassess after nine months assessed my qualifications as not equivalent to an AQF diploma. I had a reassessment done as with another job, for which a Certificate IV was sufficient, and within four weeks I was assessed positive and now have my visa!

Vetassess only assess your level of qualification and not your branch of study. Perhaps you can talk it over with an agent or give Vetassess a call and see what they say.

Keep in mind that if you have a reassessment within 90 days the cost is only approx. half the usual Vetassess assessment fee.

Good luck!

Lavinia
Hi Lavinia,

Your circumstances do seem similar to mine. I was put in under the Office Manager category by my Agent. VETASSESS also said that my qualification is not equivalent to an AQF Diploma and that it only meets a Certificate IV.

What occupation did you get re-assessed under where a Certificate IV was enough? Maybe that is a route I could take.

Many thanks.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Lavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really niceLavinia is just really nice

Hi Lavinia,

Your circumstances do seem similar to mine. I was put in under the Office Manager category by my Agent. VETASSESS also said that my qualification is not equivalent to an AQF Diploma and that it only meets a Certificate IV.

What occupation did you get re-assessed under where a Certificate IV was enough? Maybe that is a route I could take.

Many thanks.
I also first applied as Office Manager. Reassessment was done as Building Associate Profession nec 3129-79. My recent work experience was done as Project Administrator, which is o.k., because it explicitly says (I think in booklet no. 6) that nominated occupation and recent work experience don't have to be in the same field.

Lavinia
Old Mar 9th 2006, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

I also first applied as Office Manager. Reassessment was done as Building Associate Profession nec 3129-79. My recent work experience was done as Project Administrator, which is o.k., because it explicitly says (I think in booklet no. 6) that nominated occupation and recent work experience don't have to be in the same field.

Lavinia
Hi Lavinia,

So when you applied under the Building Associate Professional, you only needed a Certificate IV?

If this is the case I will inform my Agent to see if I can have a re-assessment under that category.

Many thanks.

Stuart.

Last edited by wafc; Mar 9th 2006 at 9:14 am.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Lavinia
Also, was it the Building Associate Professional or just Building Associate? As they are listed separately on the Skilled Occupations List?

Many thanks for your help.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Hi Lavinia,

So when you applied under the Building Associate Professional, you only needed a Certificate IV?

If this is the case I will inform my Agent to see if I can have a re-assessment under that category.

Many thanks.

Stuart.
Stuart,

see this link, you will find the information on the Building Associate Professional you need.

http://www.abs.gov.au/Ausstats/[email protected]?Open

There are two other professions that only require the Certificate IV, but I don't remember which ones. But apparently it doesn't really matter which one you take.

Who is your agent? I did my innitial assessment by myself, after the negative assessment I contacted George Lombard and asked for his advice on this route. I did the reassessment on my own too, but he gave me the advice I needed and even contacted Vetassess to talk it through with them.

You can also do a search on the immigration forum for posts by Steve Reed. His wife Teresa also took this route with British qualifications, and they are also happy visa-holders.

Lavinia
Old Mar 9th 2006, 10:12 am
Sharks out of the Pool

mick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond repute

The dream may be over!

Sorry to here that mate - I had not heard of GNVQ's but im over 30 so thats probably why.
I think by post secondary they mean above A-levels as I think school kids in Aus leave at a Advanced level and not like our 16 year olds who are only at GCSE level.

Would an HND or HNC not be worthwhile doing - would only take you 2 years or so and you'd breeze the vetassess with that.
Best wishes hope you can find a way.
Regards
Mick
Old Mar 9th 2006, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Stuart,

see this link, you will find the information on the Building Associate Professional you need.

http://www.abs.gov.au/Ausstats/[email protected]?Open

There are two other professions that only require the Certificate IV, but I don't remember which ones. But apparently it doesn't really matter which one you take.

Who is your agent? I did my innitial assessment by myself, after the negative assessment I contacted George Lombard and asked for his advice on this route. I did the reassessment on my own too, but he gave me the advice I needed and even contacted Vetassess to talk it through with them.

You can also do a search on the immigration forum for posts by Steve Reed. His wife Teresa also took this route with British qualifications, and they are also happy visa-holders.

Lavinia
Many thanks for all of your help.

I have passed the information on to my agent, Louise Edwards, and hopefully I will be able to go down the same route you took.

Its amazing what information you can find on these forums from a lot of helpful people!

There may be light at the end of the tunnel again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.