Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Vetassess - Registered Childminder

Vetassess - Registered Childminder

Old Jun 1st 2004, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Blueboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vetassess - Registered Childminder

We are about to complete the Vetassess skills assesment but have a couple of questions - anyone been in a similar situation.

My wife is a self employed registered childminder and the closest match to her professions is the Child Care Co-ordinator. Have any other registerd childminders gone down this route, if so was it successful? She does have an NVQ Level 3 qualification in Early Years Care and Education for childeren under 8 yrs but i`m not sure how this compares with the Vetassess Aussie requirements.

Other question is that the application asks for "a certified copy of the transcript or academic record showing subjects, exam results and/or grades/marks in the original language". What exactily is this? She received a certificate in respect of her further education qualification in childcare, however nothing else showing this level of detail. Will the certificate on its own suffice? Or does this relate to her secondary education qualifications?

Thanks.

BB
Old Jun 1st 2004, 8:25 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

I have got the same NVQ 2 then 3 in Childcare and Education was working in a school as classroom assistant.

Sorry I hope it works out differently for you but I was told by an agent that, that qualifacations is not on the list of wanted for Australia so not recognzed.

It could possibly have changed now, I hope so for your sake.

Pauline and John