Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Very basic question

Very basic question

Old Nov 17th 2005, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

pokerwidow is on a distinguished road
Default Very basic question

Hi all, this is my first post which will leave you thinking I am not the brightest bee, but here it goes.

Where do I start? I want to apply for a skilled workers visa under my husbands trade and do I apply to the TRA first or do I download the application forms from the government web site first?
This must seem soooo basic to all of you, but I would really appreciate a reply.
Thank you.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 2:31 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: Very basic question

Look on the dimia website and see if you make the points for immigration. You will need to have your (Or your husbands, or both) trade assessed by the TRA before you apply for your visa.

What does he do?
Old Nov 17th 2005, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pokerwidow
Hi all, this is my first post which will leave you thinking I am not the brightest bee, but here it goes.

Where do I start? I want to apply for a skilled workers visa under my husbands trade and do I apply to the TRA first or do I download the application forms from the government web site first?
This must seem soooo basic to all of you, but I would really appreciate a reply.
Thank you.
Hi there...you need to do your TRA before you can apply for your visa...so do the TRA and then your visa. What is your husbands trade if you need any help on the TRA just ask!
Old Nov 17th 2005, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for sorting that out for me. He is a refrigeration and a/c mechanic and I am a housewife. We have three children and we make up 125 points.
Do the TRA have a website to download the forms or do I send for them through the post? Thank you again for the replies.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 2:55 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Thank you for sorting that out for me. He is a refrigeration and a/c mechanic and I am a housewife. We have three children and we make up 125 points.
Do the TRA have a website to download the forms or do I send for them through the post? Thank you again for the replies.
You can look on here.

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...Assessment.htm

Its a bit complicated, if your serious about moving have you considered getting the help of an agent ?
Old Nov 17th 2005, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Its a bit complicated, if your serious about moving have you considered getting the help of an agent ?[/QUOTE]

Ya looks like I should! I went to an expo here in Ireland recently and was quoted anything between €1,500 and €3,000 to use an agent. If I could do this myself then I could save quite a bit of money.

Thanks again to all of you for your help.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all

Here is the web link

http://www.workplace.gov.au/tra (i think)

I would you do the same as use do both, send off for your skills assessments, and while you are waiting start filling out the relevant forms and get all the reference details you need.

It will take time for you to get all the reference material together and certified copies of all the relevant documentation so start it now.

Once you have sent off for your skills assessments you can be working on the DIMIA application and then there will not be a delay while you try to find your way around the main application forms.

Booklet 6 on the DIMIA website tells you how to fill out the 47SK form for the skilled independent 136 visa

Hope this helps

Need anything else please feel free to pm me

By the way welcome to the site
Old Nov 17th 2005, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all

once you get your head around it its not that bad we are DIY'ers due to the cost if you need help or advice it is worth posting on the immigration section of this web site as some of the agents will give you free advice on the forms and process
Old Nov 17th 2005, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again. Just looking at all the work we need to do. :scared:
I am sure I will be posting here often.
Thanks again for making me feel welcome.