Wikiposts

Verification

Old Sep 21st 2003, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

alfrednirmal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Verification

Hi,

I have eight years experience in IT. I have the work experience letters from my previous companies. But one of the companies I worked for is closed. The old company phone number does not exist and office space is converted to a bookstore. If ACS can't get a confirmation, will they consider my work experience letter as a falsified document?
Old Sep 21st 2003, 10:46 pm
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Verification

Originally posted by alfrednirmal
Hi,

I have eight years experience in IT. I have the work experience letters from my previous companies. But one of the companies I worked for is closed. The old company phone number does not exist and office space is converted to a bookstore. If ACS can't get a confirmation, will they consider my work experience letter as a falsified document?
Try tax office records, they keep info on file for about 10 years I think.
This was a consideration for me as to get proof of previous employment, before I found a company contact.
Surely its only proof that you worked for a particular company that you need. This must have happened to applicants in the past.

Oh and BTW did you get my Private message asking about web designing?
Old Sep 21st 2003, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Default Tax records

I replied to your PM.

Tax office records are a good idea. Sadly I am in India and there are many unregistered companies and few registered companies. Tax evasion is very easy here. I stared my career before 8 years for peanuts and my salary was given in an envelope cover.

I guess I'll have to take a chance and send my papers, right?
Old Sep 21st 2003, 11:28 pm
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tax records

Originally posted by alfrednirmal
I replied to your PM.

Tax office records are a good idea. Sadly I am in India and there are many unregistered companies and few registered companies. Tax evasion is very easy here. I stared my career before 8 years for peanuts and my salary was given in an envelope cover.

I guess I'll have to take a chance and send my papers, right?
I'm sure there is someone who can help with this, maybe a phone call to consultant. Try the other forum with the same question (OZ & NZ immigration)

Good luck.
Old Sep 21st 2003, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you not get a letter from someone you used to work with. Or that can verify you worked for the company from x to x
Old Sep 21st 2003, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

I am still in touch with my ex-project manager and colleagues. Will a letter from the project manger be enough?