Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

vented tumble drier

vented tumble drier

Old Sep 10th 2011, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice
Default vented tumble drier

Does anyone know where I could buy a vented tumble drier. I think they are called that, . One where you can make the pipe go thru to the outside wall, so all the hot air doesnt stay in the laundry. I dont really want the one that has the pipe you have to keep attaching to the back of it every time you want to use it..

I havent seen any in any of the shops I looked around, and ebay doesnt have them, except in uk.
Thanks !!
Old Sep 10th 2011, 4:02 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: vented tumble drier

Originally Posted by What_a_life
Does anyone know where I could buy a vented tumble drier. I think they are called that, . One where you can make the pipe go thru to the outside wall, so all the hot air doesnt stay in the laundry. I dont really want the one that has the pipe you have to keep attaching to the back of it every time you want to use it..

I havent seen any in any of the shops I looked around, and ebay doesnt have them, except in uk.
Thanks !!
We have one with this setup. I thought it was pretty standard? I had to buy the extra kit to duct it through the rear wall but it was pretty straightforward to do, although you do have to drill a big pretty big hole.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice

Originally Posted by Amazulu
We have one with this setup. I thought it was pretty standard? I had to buy the extra kit to duct it through the rear wall but it was pretty straightforward to do, although you do have to drill a big pretty big hole.
Fantastic . Nope, I dont think they come as standard like that here. You get the detatchable vent pipe, which I hate. Maybe you are meant to ask for the kit to do it like you have.
Im just over damp walls, and teeny bits of fluff all over the place
Thanks !!
Old Sep 10th 2011, 12:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by What_a_life
Fantastic . Nope, I dont think they come as standard like that here. You get the detatchable vent pipe, which I hate. Maybe you are meant to ask for the kit to do it like you have.
Im just over damp walls, and teeny bits of fluff all over the place
Thanks !!
Pretty standard around here.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 12:04 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't want the hassle of having to install a vent either, get a dryer with a condenser. We got a Bosch, however they're not cheap compared to standard dryers.

(And we've now moved into an apartment with built-in dryer, so the Bosch is gathering dust in the storage cage in the basement. Anybody want a dryer? )
Old Sep 11th 2011, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Seasider
If you don't want the hassle of having to install a vent either, get a dryer with a condenser. We got a Bosch, however they're not cheap compared to standard dryers.

(And we've now moved into an apartment with built-in dryer, so the Bosch is gathering dust in the storage cage in the basement. Anybody want a dryer? )
Yes, I think that may be the way to go then, sounds easier than drilling a hole thru the wall
Thank you