Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

VCE (Victorian Certificate of Education)

VCE (Victorian Certificate of Education)

Old Sep 22nd 2004, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

scitta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VCE (Victorian Certificate of Education)

Hi,

Do all schools in Melbourne follow the VCE system? Or are there any other levels.

Was going thru their website www.vcaa.vic.edu.au and found some Past Exams and assessment reports. If any of you are familiar with this system, I would love to know for which grade are these exam papers set for, ie.it is basically just listed under the secondary section.

Sarah
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 5:20 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: VCE (Victorian Certificate of Education)

Originally Posted by scitta
Hi,

Do all schools in Melbourne follow the VCE system? Or are there any other levels.

Was going thru their website www.vcaa.vic.edu.au and found some Past Exams and assessment reports. If any of you are familiar with this system, I would love to know for which grade are these exam papers set for, ie.it is basically just listed under the secondary section.

Sarah
As far as I know all 16 / 17 year olds sit the VCE exams in Melbourne. I'm not aware of any other exam.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
As far as I know all 16 / 17 year olds sit the VCE exams in Melbourne. I'm not aware of any other exam.
What is VET. ? I thought it might be an alternative to VCE?
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 8:15 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by helinuk
What is VET. ? I thought it might be an alternative to VCE?
Vocational Education & Training. But I thought that was for NSW not Victoria.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Vocational Education & Training. But I thought that was for NSW not Victoria.
http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vet/index.html
it says.....
Vocational Education and Training (VET) in the VCE program combines general VCE studies with vocational training and experience in the workplace. Schools are able to offer senior secondary students programs selected from the range of industry areas approved by the VCAA.

List of VET Programs
Information on how VET programs can contribute to your VCE. Includes details about each VET program (listed alphabetically) and information about block credits. It also includes a sample program when studying VET in the VCE.

Programs with Scored Assessment
Details of programs for which a Study Score is available. Each program includes assessment guides, task sample books, past exams and assessment reports, the current VET Coursework Assessment Records, scoring criteria and a list of state reviewers.

School Based New Apprenticeships
A list of School Based New Apprenticeships which provide credit in the VCE. Includes a generic guide to School Based New Apprenticeships.

General Information
Details about the history of VET and VET policy, how VET is recognised in the VCE, provider registration and delivery and industry partnerships.

Implementing VET
Lists major considerations in introducing a VET in the VCE program. Includes information about the benefits of a VET program and how to select and implement an appropriate program.

Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs
Answers to all your frequently asked questions about selecting and implementing a VET in VCE program.

Contact details
Contact details for the VET Unit, VET Support Networks and State reviewers.

Schools and Study Search
Conduct a search to find what schools offer what Victorian senior secondary subjects. This listing is based on enrolments of students. The home school of students has been used rather than the assessing school.