Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Van Nguyen Execution

Van Nguyen Execution

Old Dec 5th 2005, 6:45 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default Re: Van Nguyen Execution

devils advocate:

On the other hand.... why should tax-paying citizens pay for the prisoners to be housed/fed/clothed etc all the years they spend in Prison?

Perhaps America could learn from Singapore by killing those on `death row` quite quickly, instead of waiting years and years.

/devils advocate.

It`s a tough subject, with many arguments for and against. I personally agree with the death penalty, but think it should depend on the crime. Trafficking drugs imho is not a crime worthy of the death penalty.... any more than selling cigarettes or alcohol. Sometimes the individuals have to stand up and be responsible for what they decide to do with their bodies/lives.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

hawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of light

They should have hung his samurai slashing nomark brother at the same time - good riddance to him. I note they brought his body back at the weekend so it could be put out for collection by the garbos on monday morning
Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:17 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

How you can all a judge this guy is beyond me, none of you lived his life and know his reasons for doing what he did.

You say he was ruining peoples lives, well maybe they ruined his by creating the demand for him to be a smuggler.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:33 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by fraser
How you can all a judge this guy is beyond me, none of you lived his life and know his reasons for doing what he did.

You say he was ruining peoples lives, well maybe they ruined his by creating the demand for him to be a smuggler.
It is actually well documented.

He was a normal sort of guy, (the good Brother) but when his brother incurred massive debts following his own drug trafficking conviction, he arranged to pay his debts for him.
This led to the opportunity to pay it all off with one more drug trafficking run.
Why he volunteered to do it, rather than his brother is probably due to the possibility that Customs may have watched his brother closer ?

He would have weighed up the risk, as he was a pretty clever bloke, and by not actually landing in Singapore, he would have assumed the only risk he ran was getting caught in Australia, where the penalty is miniscule.

Unfortunately, he was caught in transit in Singapore, and that was that. That was the risk he would probably never have expected to happen.

I personally blame the Australian legal system, where penalties appear to be a joke, and not just for drug running. As I said before, if his brother had received a bigger sentence, it may have put him off doing the deal in the first place.

Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:37 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawk2005
They should have hung his samurai slashing nomark brother at the same time - good riddance to him. I note they brought his body back at the weekend so it could be put out for collection by the garbos on monday morning
I would have far more respect for Van Nguyen than for the likes of you.
Regardless of what this man did, he's now paid the price (allbeit pre-meditated murder), dont you think thats enough ?

You obviously have no value for life or indeed for death. Perhaps if nguyen had been a little more like you I wouldnt have found his hanging so repulsive.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:38 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
It is actually well documented.

He was a normal sort of guy, (the good Brother) but when his brother incurred massive debts following his own drug trafficking conviction, he arranged to pay his debts for him.
This led to the opportunity to pay it all off with one more drug trafficking run.
Why he volunteered to do it, rather than his brother is probably due to the possibility that Customs may have watched his brother closer ?

He would have weighed up the risk, as he was a pretty clever bloke, and by not actually landing in Singapore, he would have assumed the only risk he ran was getting caught in Australia, where the penalty is miniscule.

Unfortunately, he was caught in transit in Singapore, and that was that. That was the risk he would probably never have expected to happen.

I personally blame the Australian legal system, where penalties appear to be a joke, and not just for drug running. As I said before, if his brother had received a bigger sentence, it may have put him off doing the deal in the first place.
It may be well documented, but what was at stake for his brother?
Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Regardless of what this man did, he's now paid the price (allbeit pre-meditated murder), dont you think thats enough ?

You obviously have no value for life or indeed for death. Perhaps if nguyen had been a little more like you I wouldnt have found his hanging so repulsive.
Well said
Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:46 am
ABCDiamond

It may be well documented, but what was at stake for his brother?
That bit is a bit hazy. Very little seems to have been been written about it.

Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go again, he did it because he wanted to help his brother, they had a hard life, he was abused as a child, it's societies fault he did it, he is a kind hearted person, his dad left when he was young and had to be brought up without a real family. What a load of drivel, this guy was a scumbag drug trafficker. He got his just deserts. I don't care what life he lived before.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

hawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath

You typical welsh windbag - why don't you explain your bleeding heart attitude to the bloke down the road from me in Croydon whose wife was pushed over and killed by the junky.

I can agree with you on your statement "why do I bother" - why do you?
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:21 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawk2005
You typical welsh windbag ?
Quite amusing. Exactly where do you get your views on the welsh and what qualifies you as better ?

Factually, I was born in England so I'm just a "typical" English windbag ?

Your'e somewhat biased by reading your last post i.e. "pushed over by a junkie" You didnt elaborate... was he black, Asian, Indian, employed, un-employed, self employed, English, welsh or perhaps a Scotsman.
In any case, I have little doubt that you'd find some way to base your hatred of the accused that distances himself from the person you are. I mean, what would you say about a situation where (god forbid) a white Anglo Saxon male non drug user pushed someone over but was saved from death by a "junkie" ?
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:32 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Helping his brother out .....what a crock of sh*t

Plenty of other ways of getting $30K if you really needed it
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Belfast Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard some dim wit woman on the telly the other night backing this guy. Ok he screwed up. She was banging on about not going after the 'mules' but chasing down the heroin drug lords in Afganistan. I think this woman has maybe been sampling the goods!

Why should The UK, US or Australia even consider sending our own valuable troops and military assets back into that sewer pit of an excuse for a nation to hunt these guys down? I served with the Royal Irish in the Balkans, and I tell you if any soldier is sent to hunt down these guys just to save some gutter trash, I think he will pull the trigger on himself!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:15 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Belfast Boy
I heard some dim wit woman on the telly the other night backing this guy. Ok he screwed up. She was banging on about not going after the 'mules' but chasing down the heroin drug lords in Afganistan. I think this woman has maybe been sampling the goods!

Why should The UK, US or Australia even consider sending our own valuable troops and military assets back into that sewer pit of an excuse for a nation to hunt these guys down? I served with the Royal Irish in the Balkans, and I tell you if any soldier is sent to hunt down these guys just to save some gutter trash, I think he will pull the trigger on himself!
I think we need a new kind of punishment, rather than death lets send all the criminals to an island somwhere far away where they can't possibly swim back from, then in 200 years they will have created a new island paradise with an excellent gene pool base, then all the disillusioned people from all round the world can spent thousands of pounds/yet/usd/aud etc, and beg really hard to be let in. Gets my vote. Just got to find a suitable uninhabited island.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:15 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Belfast Boy

Thank god other soldiers dont hold the same view or we'd be in a bloody right mess wouldnt we ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.