Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Validation trips

Validation trips

Old Jan 8th 2004, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Bluekwack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Validation trips

I keep reading about validation trips, and i need to know if these are manditory, seeing as we have been on holiday to Oz recently, and we have relatives living in and around Melbourne, so it seems to be a bit a waste of money to come all the way over only to fly back here then to go back again weeks or months later. Im getting as much info from this site as i can right now so please bear with me if i sound a bit dense.
Old Jan 8th 2004, 10:19 pm
WBB

Default Re: Validation trips

Originally posted by Bluekwack
I keep reading about validation trips, and i need to know if these are manditory, seeing as we have been on holiday to Oz recently, and we have relatives living in and around Melbourne, so it seems to be a bit a waste of money to come all the way over only to fly back here then to go back again weeks or months later. Im getting as much info from this site as i can right now so please bear with me if i sound a bit dense.

that is the annoying thing about it, we have to validate as we wont be able to move untill 2005.

if you can get here before the date on your visa and stay there is no need for a validation trip.

Old Jan 8th 2004, 10:21 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

To validate your visa you must enter Oz by the enter by date on your visa. That means move there or go on holiday before that date. DIMIA do not give a stuff which you do but I they will not listen to your waste of money argument.

If you have to do a validation trip make it a research trip and find out what the area you are wanting to live in is really like. Try and get some job interviews and feedback and do some shopping as you would if you were living here.

There is only so much you can glean from the forum.
Old Jan 8th 2004, 11:06 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

... which is why it can make sense to delay lodging the results of your medical and police reports until they are requested by your case officer (rather than pre-judging the request), as they are only valid for 12 months for visa purposes => this gives you more flexibility when planning your move to Australia.

Have a read here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/visas/faqs.cfm#06

Best regards.