Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Validation Trip Questions?

Validation Trip Questions?

Old Apr 28th 2005, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

chrisp6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Validation Trip Questions?

For all those that have validated there visa in Oz what sorts of things did you set up while you were over there ie.Bank accounts,Tax,Medicare and Schools Etc...... ?
Old Apr 28th 2005, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice
Default Re: Validation Trip Questions?

Originally Posted by chrisp6
For all those that have validated there visa in Oz what sorts of things did you set up while you were over there ie.Bank accounts,Tax,Medicare and Schools Etc...... ?
Did absolutely nothing. Just in and out, nice holiday though!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

BallBoy will become famous soon enough

If you don't have an Australian forwarding address, I doubt that there is a lot you can do regarding bank accounts, tax file numbers, etc.

Probably best checking out areas you may want to live in, get a feel for the different suburbs, check out the jobs situation, car prices, cost of living, etc.

The validation process is the same as just visiting the country, you get no special stamps in your passport and no comments from immigration control.

I personally did the same as Majj; used it for a good holiday
Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:10 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

we just did the normal stuff like looking at area's,jobs,house's to buy or rent and opened a bank account.don't think you can do anything about medicare or tax until you make the big move.......wife bought loads of von dutch tops and jeans and i drank quite a lot to mask the fact that it was coming out of my bank
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road

Sorted drivers licence, bank account, cell phone, bought car, rented flat, met up with new boss.
Druid