Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Validation trip question

Validation trip question

Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Validation trip question

Originally Posted by comet555
For more info look here:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Visa_Validation-Australia

It mentions arriving in Australia 2 years before your visa expires but it is not necessary. It does however make your life simpler as you would be able to easily get a return resident visa if you need to leave the country for whatever reason.

If you arrived right before the expiry date you should still be able to get one as long as you can establish some strong ties to Australia (place to live, job, etc). If you don't plan to travel out of the country at all once you arrive then you'd have time to do all this.
Cheers I was only asking as a friends daughter left after a year and they wondered if she could ever return.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canadaeh
Lol.. It’s cute when new migrants expect like a big party when they step off the plane, with immigration all there to welcome them to their new home, maybe even a bottle of wine.

Unfortunately it’s nothing like, just get in the line with everyone else, get stamped with everyone else, collect your bags and go.
Mr Bermudashorts has been fretting over this too and the overall lack of ceremony so I am glad I saw this thread. I was starting to doubt myself.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

jasand is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all

i have just had a scary thought, we have been granted 176 visa and are going on a holiday to validate our visas, we are off to Bribie island Brisbane way on 15.07.2010, i have been so excited bout it that i did nt stop to look if i needed to send our passports off for them to put a visa in. i read it as just take a copy of this e mail and thought that it would be electronic. please can someone reassure us that this is the case, or i am in trouble.

thanks a still excited Preston lancs family...
Old Jun 15th 2010, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

granada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Preston Lancs from another Preston Lancs family (Ashton) also heading to North Brisbane in August .... small world.

We all validated at different times (the eldest kids are 18 and 20), some had labels on entry, some didn't ... long story but all is well.

I was advised the visas are electronic, the label just helps out with registering for medicare etc when you move out. You will be fine for validation, just get then labelled before you head over for good .... which reminds me my daughter at Uni needs to send her passport off for the label

Jen x

Originally Posted by jasand
hi all

i have just had a scary thought, we have been granted 176 visa and are going on a holiday to validate our visas, we are off to Bribie island Brisbane way on 15.07.2010, i have been so excited bout it that i did nt stop to look if i needed to send our passports off for them to put a visa in. i read it as just take a copy of this e mail and thought that it would be electronic. please can someone reassure us that this is the case, or i am in trouble.

thanks a still excited Preston lancs family...
Old Jun 16th 2010, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by funonrun
We recently received the grant letter and planning to move to Sydney for validation, is it mandatory all applicant need to enter at same time ? or secondary applicant can enter at later stage anytime before the expiry of the last entry date ?
The primary applicant has to be 1st if going separately and obviously you all/both need to have validated before the date on your visa, but travelling later is fine!
Old Jun 16th 2010, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tubbs2Oz
The primary applicant has to be 1st if going separately and obviously you all/both need to have validated before the date on your visa, but travelling later is fine!
Primary applicant does not necessarily need to go first, I have seen a fair few people get their visas recently without this condition. We did not have it on our visa grant.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Primary applicant does not necessarily need to go first, I have seen a fair few people get their visas recently without this condition. We did not have it on our visa grant.
That's cool. I'd just read it on about a thousand other threads. I didn't see it on our visa grant either, just assumed it must be in some small print. Well the important thing is that the OP can travel independently.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tubbs2Oz
That's cool. I'd just read it on about a thousand other threads. I didn't see it on our visa grant either, just assumed it must be in some small print. Well the important thing is that the OP can travel independently.
My husband's visa has 8502 printed on it which means that my husband cannot enter before me. This is the condition of the visa. If it doesn't say anything then it should be ok.
Another thought maybe those couples who don't have any conditions applied for 2 skilled assessments and used partner skills to up their visa points DIAC have no idea what my husband does for a living but had I used his skills to up my points then I would think we would have had no conditions. Does this make any sense at all I know what i mean

http://www.fahcsia.gov.au/guides_act...uide-8502.html

Last edited by wilson01; Jun 16th 2010 at 8:53 am. Reason: added a link
Old Jun 16th 2010, 8:49 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

We didn't have that condition on our visa and we applied using only his skills. They had no idea what I did and we could enter in any order we wanted.

I see no reason (based on what I've seen on the board) for why some people have the condition and others don't.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by wilson01
Our visas have 8502 printed on it which means that my husband cannot enter before me. This is the condition of the visa. If it doesn't say anything then it should be ok.
Another thought maybe those couples who don't have any conditions applied for 2 skilled assessments and used partner skills to up their visa points DIAC have no idea what my husband does for a living but had I used his skills to up my points then I would think we would have had no conditions. Does this make any sense at all I know what i mean
I think it is a bit random, well I have not seen a pattern so far anyway. We did not have two skills assessments so it is not that.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 8:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I think it is a bit random, well I have not seen a pattern so far anyway. We did not have two skills assessments so it is not that.
I'd echo that, there's no pattern to it, some people have the clause in their grant letter, some don't. SImple as.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
We didn't have that condition on our visa and we applied using only his skills. They had no idea what I did and we could enter in any order we wanted.

I see no reason (based on what I've seen on the board) for why some people have the condition and others don't.

Us neither. Only one skill set used for primary app (my wife) and no condition on our visa for her to enter first.

I think I might try entering before her to see what happens.