Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Validation Trip To Mel - Was it Worth it?

Validation Trip To Mel - Was it Worth it?

Old Jun 6th 2005, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Validation Trip To Mel - Was it Worth it?

I am one of those people who doesn't get what all the fuss is about with Sydney. I found it to be a pretty soulless place, to be honest. Melbourne on the other hand, has so much character. I don't think that it has the physical beauty of Cape Town (but then no Australian city does) but it has a similar spirit that I love.

I had a little chuckle to myself at the weekend when I checked the weather channel and Melbourne and London were both 17 degrees - and I thought well, if that's what we have to contend with in winter, it's not that bad. (Please don't shout me down if it was actually 35 in London, that's what it said on the weather channel!).
Old Jun 6th 2005, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Great post! Loved our validation trip to MB too, even though we aren't going to live there (cousin/sponsor lives there).

Cadman
Old Jun 6th 2005, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Ninijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the rough

Hi All,

Thank you so much for such positive, friendly feed back. I did deliberate for a number of days about whether to write it in the first place, so thank you for appreciating my efforts. It brought a big smile to my face over the weekend reading everyone’s little comments and their own stories.

We wish you all the best and hope that you all find a better life waiting for you Down under, even if that isn’t your motive for moving.

Take care
Janine (and Jon)