Wikiposts

validation trip

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

dave wood will become famous soon enough
Default validation trip

please can anyone tell me if there is anything i need to do on a visa validation trip or do i just need to pass through immigration and get the passport stamped.Also please confirm that i don't need an electronic visa as i have the 136 stamped in my passport.I think i'm ok but just want to be sure.
many thanks.
dave
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:44 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: validation trip

Originally Posted by dave wood
please can anyone tell me if there is anything i need to do on a visa validation trip or do i just need to pass through immigration and get the passport stamped.Also please confirm that i don't need an electronic visa as i have the 136 stamped in my passport.I think i'm ok but just want to be sure.
many thanks.
dave
Hi, and welcome to the forum

If you have a a Visa that looks like a bus ticket glued in your passport...then just come through immigration.
If there is anyone with you, and you are the main applicant - then make sure you go through first.

Enjoy your Validation ...where are you coming to?
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

hi and thanks for that.yes the visa is like a bus ticket and i'm the main applicant.We are flying to perth on sunday and also visiting Melbourne a week later.I was just worried that I might have missed something regarding the visa.
Cheers
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:01 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave wood
hi and thanks for that.yes the visa is like a bus ticket and i'm the main applicant.We are flying to perth on sunday and also visiting Melbourne a week later.I was just worried that I might have missed something regarding the visa.
Cheers
Melbourne is bright and beautiful

You don't know Mick Cave do you?
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

I know Mick Cadd but Don't know any caves [sorry]
Got to go to work now
thanks for the help
Dave
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:53 am
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.
What happens if the main applicant is not the first one through. We validated recently and we just gave in all 4 passports at the same time as we always have wherever we go.
Cannot see it makes much difference but I have heard about this before - cheers James.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
Hi all.
What happens if the main applicant is not the first one through. We validated recently and we just gave in all 4 passports at the same time as we always have wherever we go.
Cannot see it makes much difference but I have heard about this before - cheers James.
If you all go at the same time that's fine - they'll take all the passports and just enter the applicant first into the system. The problem arises if part of the family want to go without the main applicant, maybe with the applicant intending to follow later.
The applicant has to go first, on their own, OR with the rest of the family, NOT at a later date.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Aldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you all go at the same time that's fine - they'll take all the passports and just enter the applicant first into the system. The problem arises if part of the family want to go without the main applicant, maybe with the applicant intending to follow later.
The applicant has to go first, on their own, OR with the rest of the family, NOT at a later date.
I got all worried about the same thing. My wife and I arrived in Melbourne together and handed both passports over at the same time (I'm the main applicant). After getting out of the airport I started worrying about the order they had handled the passports so I went to the immigration office in Melbourne and they said we were fine. It's only really an issue if the other applicants are arriving on another date (or maybe another flight?). As Pollyana says, if your arriving together then it's not an issue.

Cheers,
AL
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:46 am
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Pollyanna and Al - mind at rest