Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Validation trip....

Validation trip....

Old Jun 24th 2006, 7:34 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Validation trip....

Does anybody know if you have to do a 'validation trip' if you gain citizenship by descent, the same as you do when you gain a visa? C x
Old Jun 24th 2006, 11:59 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Validation trip....

Originally Posted by shiels
Does anybody know if you have to do a 'validation trip' if you gain citizenship by descent, the same as you do when you gain a visa? C x
Come on I'm sure one of you must know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:22 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on I'm sure one of you must know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry m8.....haven't a clue what your question is which is why I and others probably haven't answered

Could you make your question clearer, and we'll see if we can help
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:28 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

I am no expert, but I think a validation trip is to validate a visa - i.e. to confirm that it is required by using it to get into the country, whereas once citizenship is granted (through whatever channel) there is nothing to do to validate it but to stay alive.

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:32 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Sorry m8.....haven't a clue what your question is which is why I and others probably haven't answered

Could you make your question clearer, and we'll see if we can help
OK....My OH is applying for citizenship by descent as his mom was Australian, and several times I've seen it mentioned on here that you need to visit OZ to 'validate' your visa, and I wondered if he would to do that too? or would he just be able to go OZ as and when he chooses? Thanks
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:41 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

OK....My OH is applying for citizenship by descent as his mom was Australian, and several times I've seen it mentioned on here that you need to visit OZ to 'validate' your visa, and I wondered if he would to do that too? or would he just be able to go OZ as and when he chooses? Thanks
Ahhhh I wondered if that's what you meant......

I suspect if your husband receives his visa through descent, then in effect he gets Australian citizenship. This in essence means he is an Australian so I would have thought he doesn't need to validate his visa.

People only *validate* their visas because DIMIA state they have to. What DIMIA are asking is that the visa holder validates i.e *accepts* the visa terms and conditions.

In summary I don't think you need to validate a citizenship by descent visa. Perhaps you need to ask in the Australian immigration forum just to make sure.

Hope this helps
Old Jun 24th 2006, 12:48 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

What about you? Even if your OH gets citizenship, you will still need to apply for a visa - either a spouse or de facto spouse visa. Unless you are an Aussie too.

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Jun 24th 2006, 6:59 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by DagBoy
What about you? Even if your OH gets citizenship, you will still need to apply for a visa - either a spouse or de facto spouse visa. Unless you are an Aussie too.

Cheers,

DagBoy
You are quite right I would have to apply for a spouse visa if he gets the citizenship, as I'm not lucky enough to be Australian!!!! Does that mean I would have to validate that then?!! What is a de facto visa?
Old Jun 24th 2006, 7:01 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Ahhhh I wondered if that's what you meant......

I suspect if your husband receives his visa through descent, then in effect he gets Australian citizenship. This in essence means he is an Australian so I would have thought he doesn't need to validate his visa.

People only *validate* their visas because DIMIA state they have to. What DIMIA are asking is that the visa holder validates i.e *accepts* the visa terms and conditions.

In summary I don't think you need to validate a citizenship by descent visa. Perhaps you need to ask in the Australian immigration forum just to make sure.

Hope this helps

Thanks very much for your help C x
Old Jun 24th 2006, 7:06 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Yea - your hubby would get an Australian passport and would be a full citizen, so wouldn't have anything *to* validate. You, however, would need to validate your spouse visa - but you don't *have* to do this - you can just enter the country with your husband to settle - on entry into the country your visa would 'go live'. Validation is useful for people who don't want to lose their rights to a visa, but aren't able to move for a few years.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 5:26 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by Hutch
Yea - your hubby would get an Australian passport and would be a full citizen, so wouldn't have anything *to* validate. You, however, would need to validate your spouse visa - but you don't *have* to do this - you can just enter the country with your husband to settle - on entry into the country your visa would 'go live'. Validation is useful for people who don't want to lose their rights to a visa, but aren't able to move for a few years.
Thanks Hutch, don't suppose you know if that 'spouse visa validation' would have to take place within a certain timeline or not, do you? C x
Old Jun 25th 2006, 5:45 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Hutch, don't suppose you know if that 'spouse visa validation' would have to take place within a certain timeline or not, do you? C x
Depends on when you had your police checks and medicals - it's normally 12 months, but could, if your visa was delayed for whatever reason, be as little as 6 months. Once you've validated, you then have five years from the date of grant to make the full move - but you're expected to be in Australia for two of those five years, so effectively, if you haven't been at all, you've got to be in before the start of the fourth year.

Last edited by Hutch; Jun 25th 2006 at 5:47 pm.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 5:59 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Depends on when you had your police checks and medicals - it's normally 12 months, but could, if your visa was delayed for whatever reason, be as little as 6 months. Once you've validated, you then have five years from the date of grant to make the full move - but you're expected to be in Australia for two of those five years, so effectively, if you haven't been at all, you've got to be in before the start of the fourth year.
See your not as bad as I've just been reading about you on another post!!!! I was nearly to scared to ask!!!!
Thanks for the advice, if only we had of known about the OH citizenship situation we would of held off from booking our trip that we are now doing in August...hey ho....!! C x
Old Jun 25th 2006, 6:21 pm
Australia's Doorman

See your not as bad as I've just been reading about you on another post!!!! I was nearly to scared to ask!!!!
Don't believe the hype!
Old Jun 25th 2006, 8:08 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Don't believe the hype!
Oh believe me, I don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! C x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.