Validating visa

Old Mar 14th 2007, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

Wade Wrench is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Validating visa

I'm about to make a trip to Australia to validate my visa. I read somewhere I have to do this before 1st July to still be considered under the 2-year citizenship rules. Can anyone confirm this? I am not yet ready to migrate over yet as I've not yet secured employment, so this trip will essentially be to recce Canberra and to validate the visa.

Speaking of employment, I wonder if most people simply uproot and go over without any employment, hoping to find a job once they're there.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 2:27 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Validating visa

Originally Posted by Wade Wrench
I'm about to make a trip to Australia to validate my visa. I read somewhere I have to do this before 1st July to still be considered under the 2-year citizenship rules. Can anyone confirm this? I am not yet ready to migrate over yet as I've not yet secured employment, so this trip will essentially be to recce Canberra and to validate the visa.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...396979&page=11
and some of the preceding pages.

And even if you will be covered under the 2 year rule, you need to clock up the time and apply on or before 30 June 2010.

Speaking of employment, I wonder if most people simply uproot and go over without any employment, hoping to find a job once they're there.
Most people need to have a permanent visa and make the move to Australia before finding employment. There are exceptions in some high demand occupations.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:42 pm
CANBERRA !!!

jajnlis is an unknown quantity at this point

Wade

When u off out ???

We are recc'ing Canberra 10-16 Apr before taking a trip to the Reef at Port Doouglas for a few days.

Have loads of stuff organised for me (touch wood subject to confirmation !!) and not sure if it will be long enough in Canberra. But once the house is sold up in UK we can make the final plans - at least we will have validated the visa.......

I am resigning myself to not having a job waiting for me, although there is so much interest that I am not scared Well, not a lot anyway

cheers..........................
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

dakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to alldakesojo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wade Wrench

sorry can't help but we are for in july to validate visa and also do a reccie in and around sydney
Old Mar 20th 2007, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Hi jajnlis,

I'll be departing on 7 Apr. Canberra doesn't have an international airport, so I'll have to switch to a domestic flight at Brisbane. Funnily enough, I return via Sydney. Will be opening a bank account while over there.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 10:06 am
CANBERRA !!!

jajnlis is an unknown quantity at this point

Wade

We are flying out 8th April..........

10 - 16 in Canberra
17 - 22 Port Douglas
Fly back 24th......

What/how are you organising the bank account ???

Rgds

JAJ
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jajnlis
Wade

What/how are you organising the bank account ???
Just a personal bank account in my name. It's just to facilitate transfer of money when the need arises. It's cheaper to do it over there than back home. It's just one of those things on the to-do list over at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/publica...ts/act/eng.pdf

Are you guys planning on doing any of those while there?