Validating Visa

Old Oct 12th 2004, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

kelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant future
Default Validating Visa

can anyone help!! once you have been granted your Visa (PR) how long do you have to validate it? Does everyone on the Visa have to go at the same time?
P.S Yellow envelope recieved last week and meds booked for 10th November
Old Oct 12th 2004, 4:55 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Validating Visa

Originally Posted by kelman
can anyone help!! once you have been granted your Visa (PR) how long do you have to validate it? Does everyone on the Visa have to go at the same time?
kelman

I think it's 6 months. And then you have upto 5 years in which to make the final move over (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong). Some people validate with emigration in one go, some validate, come back and move over at a later date. Think we'll be doing the former.

Good luck

D D
Old Oct 12th 2004, 4:58 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya Kelamn,
normally it's 12 months after the meds, but it will be on your visa when you get it put in your passport.

I don't know if you have to go in at the same time, but I remember some folk saying that the main visa holder has to go first. (if only in the que.) but then again with you all together you give your passports to the immigration officer as one lump.

Bye
Mark
Old Oct 12th 2004, 5:04 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

we got ours in april and it states that we have to go over to validate by january 22 2005 we can then come back and start sorting everything out and get the house up for sale
all the best jonni boy
Old Oct 12th 2004, 5:11 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If you go separately, no one can go until the primary holder has been. But you do have to go before the year is up on the meds or PCC whichever is first.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 7:27 pm
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

It's 12 months from the date of your police check or medicals, whichever was the earliest. It will state the required date on your visa.

Once validated you then have 5 years to get over to Aus on a permanent basis otherwise the visa lapses :scared:
Old Oct 12th 2004, 9:19 pm

chris n will become famous soon enoughchris n will become famous soon enough

You don't all have to go at the same time but the principal applicant has to go first (even if its first in the line) and everybody has to validate their own visas. The date that the first entry must be made by is usually twelve months from the earlier of the date of your medicals or police records - that date is on your visa. I think that the date can be six months if your medicals aren't A1.

Chris